• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Swansea suing Russell Martin

Fleck the Tofu eating knob, I was glad to see the back of him, he's someone else's problem now.

Last edited:
Fleck the tofu eating knob, I was glad to see the back of him, he's someone else's problem now.
Tofu eating knob :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: But yeah. Agree with all of that. Good times my arse. He bored us all senseless whether some want to admit it or not.

It’s weird.
Absolutely, never witnessed a manager divide the fan base like this Svengali.

From the pedestrian football to his continuous failings at his man management of the squad, the fella was expert in failure.

So what else was written in the contract?
Hopefully something that was never written in on any other managers contract who has walked out on any other club in football history.
It's a bit desperate for me.

Hopefully something that was never written in on any other managers contract who has walked out on any other club in football history.
It's a bit desperate for me.
How often do managers go directly to another club with no compo being paid (or with no mutual agreement)?

If Southampton/ Martin are claiming that he didn't come directly and he had a short spell as a free agent well that will hold no water because its acknowledged Southampton were negotiating with him when he was a Swansea employee and he did not negotiate his release from his contract on the basis of becoming unemployed upon leaving us.

What worries me is that the tribunal has sat and deemed that Soton do not have to pay us the full amount that we claim to want but it hasn't been announced so we're trying this as a last resort.

This could all have been solved by us wording the contract as "the compensation required is £X for any premier league club or club in receipt of parachute payments". Southampton would then surely have no leg to stand on.

What worries me is that the tribunal has sat and deemed that Soton do not have to pay us the full amount that we claim to want but it hasn't been announced so we're trying this as a last resort.

This could all have been solved by us wording the contract as "the compensation required is £X for any premier league club or club in receipt of parachute payments". Southampton would then surely have no leg to stand on.
Reading it indicates that a fee has been agreed/paid with Soton but we now seem to be going down another route to get more/money from Martin.

Regardless of loyalties, liking or not liking Martin but this just wacks of poor form from us.

Reading it indicates that a fee has been agreed/paid with Soton but we now seem to be going down another route to get more/money from Martin.

Regardless of loyalties, liking or not liking Martin but this just wacks of poor form from us.
It'll only be poor form if the case falls down and the club has to pay legal fees.

Morally, there is zero issue here - Martin was under contract but he left the club that he claims to love to join another that he knew was avoiding paying the compensation written into the contract he signed. He's fair game.

If he’s broken the contract, would it be poor form?

No-one will come out of this with much credit

Question is was it us or Russ that told the Telegraph about it yesterday?

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back