• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

“A big club like Swansea City” – Ogbene’s come and get me plea?

swansnews

Administrator
Reaction score
It reads very much like a “come and get me plea” but Rotherham United’s Chiedozie Ogbene is a target for the Swans this summer and it looks like he is keen to make the move to SA1. The Swans were first linked with a move for the Irish player last week with reports saying that […]

Read more

Would prefer this lad to Christie, or both preferable. Still got years left, sell on value etc.

Problem is he will cost, not sure how much because he is going into his last year, but still more than maybe we have until these outgoings deals are sorted.

Risc said:
Would prefer this lad to Christie, or both preferable. Still got years left, sell on value etc.

Problem is he will cost, not sure how much because he is going into his last year, but still more than maybe we have until these outgoings deals are sorted.

This is definitely a worry and not helped by the fact that the club have pretty much (in so many words) said they are ready to sell Piroe.

Anyone wanting to buy will not be in a hurry to make a move too early and add him to their wage bill (even in the PL) during the summer and it is clear that the owners are not going to gamble on putting the money in pending a sale which may mean we end up dealing on the cheap in August and potentially having missed out on some of our targets during June and July.

Add to that the increasing rumours that they are looking to sell the club on (I was told the other day that there were prospectuses being circulated to potentially interested parties) and this summer has the potential of making last summer look a smooth one...

PSumbler said:
Risc said:

This is definitely a worry and not helped by the fact that the club have pretty much (in so many words) said they are ready to sell Piroe.

Anyone wanting to buy will not be in a hurry to make a move too early and add him to their wage bill (even in the PL) during the summer and it is clear that the owners are not going to gamble on putting the money in pending a sale which may mean we end up dealing on the cheap in August and potentially having missed out on some of our targets during June and July.

Add to that the increasing rumours that they are looking to sell the club on (I was told the other day that there were prospectuses being circulated to potentially interested parties) and this summer has the potential of making last summer look a smooth one...

All the hallmarks of a right cluster f*ck of a summer.

PSumbler said:
Risc said:

Maybe a bigger worry is I'm not surprised with anything you've written.

3swan said:
PSumbler said:

That's cos I know my stuff see ;) :lol:

And it worries me that the Trust have accepted the need for loans into the club

3swan said:
PSumbler said:

Its seems like every summer is a summer of discontent these last few yrs, another one looks to be on the horizon.
If its true that the club is up for sale then they aren't gonna spend this summer, more likely look to sell the clubs saleable assets, in the first team. Next question is what type of owner are we likely to attract, that another worry.

:ugeek:
PSumbler said:
3swan said:

That's cos I know my stuff see ;) :lol:

And it worries me that the Trust have accepted the need for loans into the club

I thought all the words of wisdom you've received over the years would come good one day 😊

Niigata Jack said:
3swan said:

Its seems like every summer is a summer of discontent these last few yrs, another one looks to be on the horizon.
If its true that the club is up for sale then they aren't gonna spend this summer, more likely look to sell the clubs saleable assets, in the first team. Next question is what type of owner are we likely to attract, that another worry.

They bought she shares as an investment looking for Premier profit. It was never on without continuing on the road that got us there. That was torn apart and they couldn't see it. Relegation was only going to end in a sale

As the Joe Cocker song goes

Who knows what tomorrow brings
In a world few hearts survive
All I know is the way I feel
When it's real, I keep it alive

Big club.. we have a 20k seater and average 16k on a good day, a core support of about 12k.. we're an average sized club, it's sad we only attract 16k crowds with a catchment area of about 600k.. so many are Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Utd... Thousands of them from South Wales

Rotherham fans seem to think Ogbene is on his way next week and the club have accepted an offer somewhere, we’ve been the only club to be linked with him so will be interesting to see where he ends up they all say he’s worth around 3-4M with 12 months left on his deal, so he’ll probably end up at QPR or something.

Swansea93 said:
Rotherham fans seem to think Ogbene is on his way next week and the club have accepted an offer somewhere, we’ve been the only club to be linked with him so will be interesting to see where he ends up they all say he’s worth around 3-4M with 12 months left on his deal, so he’ll probably end up at QPR or something.

Living in a dream world if they think they are getting that amount for him in the last year of contract.

Risc said:
Swansea93 said:

Living in a dream world if they think they are getting that amount for him in the last year of contract.

Yeah exactly, they’ll probably accept 800-1M

Doesn’t he play same position as Sorinola? Wouldn’t have thought we’d be looking to spend decent money on another wingback

Stopthebus said:
Doesn’t he play same position as Sorinola? Wouldn’t have thought we’d be looking to spend decent money on another wingback

I’m sure his main position is on the wing but can play RWB, and I’m sure Sorinola is more of a LWB.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back