• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

“People only care about the result - I understand that”

Taffpop

North Banker
Reaction score
Sorry Russ you’ve lost me there. There’s a whole lot more we understand than that. Be aware my son that before you we had Martinez, Rodgers, laudrup and Bobbley. We understand a lot more than you boyo from the stands here. “The Swansea way that they talk about” ????? They??? Talk about???

Go away Russ please. You weren’t here when we were and it obviously means nothing to you. You want to piss around getting a cv together. Desist here there’s a good boy.

He’s trolling us.

He’s on dangerous ground coming out with this kind of shite. Likely to become the most unpopular Swans manager in history at this rate.

I'm not sure if he's having some sort of breakdown, or if he really does believe the nonsense he comes out with. Trouble is, some fans will continue to lap up what he says.

Neath_Jack said:
I'm not sure if he's having some sort of breakdown, or if he really does believe the nonsense he comes out with. Trouble is, some fans will continue to lap up what he says.

Unlikely, there was barely anyone left in the ground at the final whistle. No one is buying it.

I find those comments pretty insulting.

The vast majority of disgruntled comments I hear about Martin is how boring the football is to watch. If we were playing exciting stuff and sitting in 12th, I think most people would be reasonably happy. But it is absolutely abysmal.

I thought the football under Cooper was bad but this is something else.

Itchysphincter said:
Unlikely, there was barely anyone left in the ground at the final whistle. No one is buying it.

Don't think I've ever seen it as empty as that at the final whistle in nearly 60 years of supporting the club.

He insulted us with his comment about ‘The Swansea Way’ which he clearly thinks only amounted to dominating possession. It was more about playing with tempo Russ. Something that you, your staff and your players have absolutely no idea about. Please Go.

The Cooper era shows that we don't only care about the result. A lot of the football under him was awful to watch...but at least we were pacified somewhat by getting in to the playoffs.

Under Martin it is awful to watch AND unsuccessful. This style of possession football isn't 'The Swansea Way' - to be honest I've given up on that label, any form of entertaining football is good by me.

MrSwerve said:
Under Martin it is awful to watch AND unsuccessful. This style of possession football isn't 'The Swansea Way' - to be honest I've given up on that label, any form of entertaining football is good by me.

Maybe someone told Russ we wanted to go back to "the Swansea way" and instead of going back and using 2006-2014 as a reference point, he's gone back to 1989.

I'm just sick of him talking like he's doing us a favour by being here.

Itchysphincter said:

Plenty still backing him.

Neath_Jack said:
Plenty still backing him.

Question is why?
He has produced nothing whatsoever to receive any personal support . His football coaching ability is right out there for all to see.
Either one is impressed or not.
Personally I’m not
The owners are at fault for employing him but we should not have to pump with this .
Fans should not be turning on each other
It’s not owners v Martin or at least it shouldn’t be .

There were plenty of us who were suspicious of him not being up to the job but gave him the benefit of the doubt and were prepared to support his ludicrous methods. Surely enough is enough?
The result matters for sure but the performances are regularly dire and players appear to have lost all confidence and have had their ability coached out of them. Cabango, for example, was a shining prospect and although lacks pace had some ability to defend. Martin has made him look awful by putting him in a position where his pace his exposed and his strengths are not going to be used. It can't be about the result to Martin because he continues to play Sorinola in a league where he can't beat a player.

JL.
I have commented before as to the players Martin has “ ruined”. Cabango is a classic . He has been utilised in a shocking manner,unforgivably being played out of position to sate his ego .

Again, why do we put up with this ?

Time has come . Are we to stay supine or show HIM we really are a proper club.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back