• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

8 games in

Marchamjack

First Team Player
Reaction score
And 3 points off the playoffs…we’d have all taken that at the start of the season

😉😅

Plus people expected piroe to be gone but he is still here , but some people are only happy when they have something to moan about

Marchamjack said:
And 3 points off the playoffs…we’d have all taken that at the start of the season

😉😅

3 points off play-offs. Can't score goals though. We can't win games 1-0 all season as we don't have the defence for it.

We got a win today and we're all happy but it buys RM more time in the job which is a negative in my opinion.

This season is very much following the pattern of last season. All things considered, a repeat of last seasons finish would be satisfactory. Its been a difficult period. Continued survival Champ level would be a bonus IMO. IN the meanwhile lets hope the Septics get sick of this and F.R.O.

If we hadn't thrown a total of four points away in the Millwall and Stoke games, we'd be in the play off places now.
Just saying.

Roger said:
Marchamjack said:

😉😅

3 points off play-offs. Can't score goals though. We can't win games 1-0 all season as we don't have the defence for it.

We got a win today and we're all happy but it buys RM more time in the job which is a negative in my opinion.

If yesterday’s change in style is a permanent change in philosophy going forward then I’ll be very optimistic

Pegojack said:
If we hadn't thrown a total of four points away in the Millwall and Stoke games, we'd be in the play off places now.
Just saying.

But we did and we did the same all last season and we will (probably) do the same all this season too.

Roger said:
Marchamjack said:

😉😅

That's you sounding happy ? 😁

There's been too many false dawns under Martin to get excited about 4 points from 2 games, especially when it should have been 6 points.

If we're top half by the time the league takes a break for the World Cup and we're playing a brand of football that shows Martin has learned some lessons, then I may start to feel more positive. Until then, the first target is to stay out of the relegation places.

Much better performance yesterday, certainly in the first half.

Would i get rid of him if i had the choice, at this moment in time yes absolutely i would. As JS above says, there have been too many false dawns under him, so I'm not holding my breath on this one.

I'm just hoping he has now seen the error of his ways, and let's us play with the shackles off and no more fannying about at the back.

Neath_Jack said:

Would i get rid of him if i had the choice, at this moment in time yes absolutely i would. As JS above says, there have been too many false dawns under him, so I'm not holding my breath on this one.

I'm just hoping he has now seen the error of his ways, and let's us play with the shackles off and no more fannying about at the back.

I can't help but wonder two things as I sit down to watch Brighton vs Leicester:

1. Would things have been different if the board had given Potter whatever assurances he wanted to stay when Brighton came knocking?

2. Could this be the last game for Rodgers if Brighton put them to the sword giving a possible opportunity for us to invite him back?

bakajack said:
Neath_Jack said:

I can't help but wonder two things as I sit down to watch Brighton vs Leicester:

1. Would things have been different if the board had given Potter whatever assurances he wanted to stay when Brighton came knocking?

2. Could this be the last game for Rodgers if Brighton put them to the sword giving a possible opportunity for us to invite him back?

Potter made the right choice for himself, what a job he's doing at Brighton. I can't see Rodgers being willing to drop back into the Championship and he wouldn't manage a club with as little money as we have.

The game between their two teams is a cracking one to be fair.

JackSomething said:
bakajack said:

Potter made the right choice for himself, what a job he's doing at Brighton. I can't see Rodgers being willing to drop back into the Championship and he wouldn't manage a club with as little money as we have.

No way would Rodgers come back here , he might even struggle to get a premier league job if Leicester sack him , more likely he would go to a Portuguese or Spanish club , he is fluent in Spanish

JackSomething said:
bakajack said:

It has indeed been a cracking game, both sides look great in attack but suspect in defence.

Potter has indeed been exceptional at Brighton and I think they are one top tier finisher away from being able to challenge for Europe.

Best_loser said:
JackSomething said:

No way would Rodgers come back here , he might even struggle to get a premier league job if Leicester sack him , more likely he would go to a Portuguese or Spanish club , he is fluent in Spanish

Agree he wouldn't come back here, disagree on not getting another PL job. He got promoted with us and then finished mid-table, came extremely close to ending Liverpool's title drought, won all the domestic trophies with Celtic (not that this 'achievement' means much) and twice almost got Leicester into the Champions League.

Unfortunately Leicester spent a lot last summer without one of their big money sales to fund it, meaning they couldn't spend a lot this summer. I'm guessing Fofana's departure was too late for them to get more than a direct replacement in.

If Leicester sack him, I'm guessing he'd be the first person contacted by any PL club (outside the big 6) when they sack their manager.

Swansea City v Bristol City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back