• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

83% possession

PSumbler

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just to put that into perspective

For every 60 seconds the ball was in play we held it for just under 50 seconds

Any truth in the rumour that Hudson asked for another ball as "Swansea are playing with the match one"

Someone showed me a stat during the game, that Grimes had passed the ball more than the entire scum team combined :shock:

Neath_Jack said:
Someone showed me a stat during the game, that Grimes had passed the ball more than the entire scum team combined :shock:

I think Cardiff just pipped him by the final whistle but he was leading after about 80 minutes

BLAZE said:
I think Cardiff just pipped him by the final whistle but he was leading after about 80 minutes

Grimes completed 126 passes
Cardiff: 83

I must be mixing it with another stat then. 83 passes in 90 minutes has to be a record low

Cooperman said:
The figure for Cardiff that I read was 147.

What's more difficult a 9...

I think that 147 passes is attempted passes, the other figure is completed.

Neath_Jack said:

That’s what I saw too. Less than one completed pass a minute :shock: :lol:

Neath_Jack said:

Yes, the higher figure is touches even if shanked out straight into touch from their keeper. Grimes had all the space in the world today after the red card and Cardiff sitting in 2 banks of 4, so not surprising. They were nuts to give him that much space though.

Neath_Jack said:

That makes them even less in it than I imagined.

Magic_Michu said:
Grimes completed 126 passes
Cardiff: 83

On the subject of Grimes, he's come in for a lot of criticism on here over the seasons , but my gosh he's head and shoulders above anything they had in their midfield today.

Grimes is massive for us a lot of his work goes unnoticed that pass for Obafemi is something else, and the way he spoke and conducted himself at the fans forum the other night surprised me as well, seems like a top guy.

agreed

anybody (and there are plenty of them) who thinks we are not really lucky to have Grimes at this level.... needs their heads read

massive controlling influence and serious amounts of skill ...also top players with stylish beards are very rare in the modern era...... he and obafemi are going to click at some point .... goals galore on the horizon

wouldn't be in a hurry to bring back piroe and joe allen will struggle to dislodge fulton ...wish we had the same depth at full back

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back