• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

A reflection on the season-Duff and Williams.

magicdaps10

Tommy Hutchison
Reaction score
As it was, we ended with a bit to spare in the scrap for safety and ending up in mid table(13th-16th).
It got me thinking, would we have gone down with pragmatic Duff ball?
Would we have finished higher with Williams who is rumoured to be the brains behind Martinball?

Personally I think the board have learned a harsh lesson this season that it's deep in this club that we have a philosophy of wanting to play football and this will give us a far better chance in the summer.
As for my own question.
Yes, I think Duff would have kept us up but it would have been closer than it actually was.
No, I don't think Williams would have hot us further up hoping on this squad as its quite poor.

A 13th place finish if we achieve it has been a pretty good season given the turmoil created by the powers above, failed Duff experiment and a pretty basic/poor squad.

I'm quite optimistic for the summer and would love to be in the position of Luke Williams with many of our poor loans going back and a lot of deadwood/ageing players out of contract.

Can't see another summer where we end up having 7 full backs on the book competing for 2 slots! What a bloody season hey!

All things considered, we recovered well with a easier fixture run in helped us over the line.

We have something to build on with LW style of football so players with speed and athleticism hopefully he will target.

We need to take the midfield burden off Grimes and strengthen there. Fulton. Allen and Walsh is very fragile at best.

Langstaff anybody?

Langstaff is already being talked up in the media as a potential target for several championship clibs with more resources than us. I think we'll be priced out of that one.
Let's hope our recruiting team can dig up another gem like Ronald.

Langstaff is already being talked up in the media as a potential target for several championship clibs with more resources than us. I think we'll be priced out of that one.
Let's hope our recruiting team can dig up another gem like Ronald.
They need to have a shufti down the Blind Beggar. Reggie may still be knocking around.

A truly forgettable season thanks to the idiocy and arrogance of Coleman and Watson, who thought they were being very clever last summer when in actual fact they couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery.

They did at least put it right, although they took too long to sack Duff and way too long finding a replacement.

I have absolutely zero trust or confidence in the upper echelons of the club to get this summer right and give yet another promising young manager a fair crack of the whip. Especially with the accounts we saw today - they're bad enough, but 23/24 will be an even bigger car crash with all the compensation and severance packages on managers plus the £8m spree last summer, I doubt we've got a pot to piss in.

One of the worst seasons for some time; an absolute masterclass in clusterf*ckery from club leadership. Now, both Watson and Coleman trot out the line that they came in late and next season we'll do it right etc. I'm not entirely convinced by that, but we have to hope it's true to a large degree or we're screwed.

One of the worst seasons for some time; an absolute masterclass in clusterf*ckery from club leadership. Now, both Watson and Coleman trot out the line that they came in late and next season we'll do it right etc. I'm not entirely convinced by that, but we have to hope it's true to a large degree or we're screwed.
Unfortunately, there is zero evidence to date that Coleman has even the faintest clue what he's doing.

Within days of taking over he was posting weird shit on Twitter (using the club's account) to have a go at fans and media for "spreading rumours" about Winter that turned out to be true. Then we had the Duff atrocity, the protracted search for his replacement, and to top it off we had his embarrassing car crash performance at the recent supporters Q&A where he looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights.

It's a big ol' leap of faith to have any trust in him to sort the club out.

Unfortunately, there is zero evidence to date that Coleman has even the faintest clue what he's doing.

Within days of taking over he was posting weird shit on Twitter (using the club's account) to have a go at fans and media for "spreading rumours" about Winter that turned out to be true. Then we had the Duff atrocity, the protracted search for his replacement, and to top it off we had his embarrassing car crash performance at the recent supporters Q&A where he looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights.

I feel much better now, thanks:ROFLMAO:

You're right on the money.

We're screwed.

The evidence so far is the bloke hasn't got a Scooby Doo.

Talks a lot, does very little else, file under bullshit merchant.

Last edited:
A nice run at the arse end of the season shouldn’t be allowed to mask the shambles of the last two years. We’re Donald ducked next season. Strap in.

I dont buy this "we are screwed" next season feeling 🤷‍♂️ the clubs coming down wont be as tough as las year for starters. Add in a settled pre season (not changing manager) hopefully a settled back 4 (probably the best we have had for a number of years) and thats a good foundation for success. The league is so tight that anything from 6th- 20th is possible. Fed up of constant negatively from the fans, less moaning and more backing the team next season will help the atmosphere alone down the stadium.

I dont buy this "we are screwed" next season feeling 🤷‍♂️ the clubs coming down wont be as tough as las year for starters. Add in a settled pre season (not changing manager) hopefully a settled back 4 (probably the best we have had for a number of years) and thats a good foundation for success. The league is so tight that anything from 6th- 20th is possible. Fed up of constant negatively from the fans, less moaning and more backing the team next season will help the atmosphere alone down the stadium.
I agree that with some signings more like Ronald and less like Yates, Ashby and so on, we should be aiming for a shot at the play offs.

You can blame the fans for "negativity" all you want, it doesn't change the fact that the bulk of this squad has finished 14th and 10th the last two seasons and 13th-16th this season. It's an average squad with a lot of average players, at a poorly run club.

Wave your rattle if you think it'll make a difference, no one's stopping you, but many others actually see it for what it is. That's not negativity, that's just realism.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back