• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Aberavon

Jack2jack

Alan Curtis
Reaction score
Went down to Aberavon this afternoon in the fog,anyway,went to Remos for a coffee, on the wall is a picture of the seafront. Anyhoo my question is, when were the houses demolished just behind the road on the seafront, any ideas chaps. Thanks in advance.🤔👍

Jack2jack said:
Went down to Aberavon this afternoon in the fog,anyway,went to Remos for a coffee, on the wall is a picture of the seafront. Anyhoo my question is, when were the houses demolished just behind the road on the seafront, any ideas chaps. Thanks in advance.🤔👍

I was in the Indian just down the road.
I’m not sure what houses were demolished I can’t recall any being demolished.

Darran said:
Jack2jack said:

Cheers Dar, its just in the painting, it shows houses, where the car parks (the open land) are now, and on the land where the Cinnamon Indian is.🤔

Do you have an Indian every Sunday. Which is the best in your opinion ?

From

Nosey barsteward.

I have nothing to add to this thread regarding demolished houses. Sorry. Remos is tidy though.

You used to recommend the one just outside Mumbles. It was ok but not brilliant.

WalterBoyd said:
Do you have an Indian every Sunday. Which is the best in your opinion ?

From

Nosey barsteward.

I have nothing to add to this thread regarding demolished houses. Sorry. Remos is tidy though.

You used to recommend the one just outside Mumbles. It was ok but not brilliant.

Yes. The Cinnamon.

Jack2jack said:
Darran said:
Cheers Dar, its just in the painting, it shows houses, where the car parks (the open land) are now, and on the land where the Cinnamon Indian is.🤔

The buildings on that land were the Afan Lido and Sportsman pub.

Darran said:
Jack2jack said:

Aye, learnt to swim in the lido, back in the day. I remember the sportsman. I've jumped on the web, but cant see any photos. It's a puzzle. If your in Remos, have a look at the picture.

Jack2jack said:
Darran said:
Aye, learnt to swim in the lido, back in the day. I remember the sportsman. I've jumped on the web, but cant see any photos. It's a puzzle. If your in Remos, have a look at the picture.

I will.

Jack2jack said:
Darran said:

You’re not talking about the bottom end where the Jersey Beach Hotel was are you?

Fantastic beach there and love walking west nearly to the point where the M4 bridge goes over. As good, if not better than Swansea Bay.

My oldest son lives in Baglan so often take a stroll before a home game.

We are so lucky to have such fabulous beaches.

Pentyrchjack said:
Fantastic beach there and love walking west nearly to the point where the M4 bridge goes over. As good, if not better than Swansea Bay.

Where in Baglan?

Darran said:
Jack2jack said:

You’re not talking about the bottom end where the Jersey Beach Hotel was are you?
Yeah could be, i remember down the fair end, there was an amusement arcade and other shops in a row.
Maybe my mind is playing tricks with me. I've found this though
http://www.historicalporttalbot.com/60th-anniversary-display.html

Jack2jack said:
Darran said:
Yeah could be, i remember down the fair end, there was an amusement arcade and other shops in a row.
Maybe my mind is playing tricks with me. I've found this though
http://www.historicalporttalbot.com/60th-anniversary-display.html

Yes you’re right.

Went down Aberavon beach for a stroll in the fog yesterday morning. The other half dressed the bloody dog up in his christmas jumper! He looked a right sledge!!

Darran said:
Pentyrchjack said:

Where in Baglan?

Dinas Baglan Road. Lovely views front and back.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back