• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Aberavon

Darran said:
Pentyrchjack said:
Dinas Baglan Road. Lovely views front and back.

Blimey posh is he?
I'm living proof that not everyone from Dinas Baglan Road is posh - born & lived there until I got married & moved to Swansea.
Unfortunately I lived in a bog standard semi & not one of the larger houses 🙄

Manselton Jack said:
Darran said:
Blimey posh is he?
I'm living proof that not everyone from Dinas Baglan Road is posh - born & lived there until I got married & moved to Swansea.

lol did you go to Glan Afan too? :lol:

Darran said:
Manselton Jack said:

lol did you go to Glan Afan too? :lol:
But of course 👍

Not really, I escaped to Swansea in 86 & haven't really been back since!
My grandfather & father both worked in the steelworks but by the time I was leaving school in the early 80's Thatcher had struck & it was in a mess.
My old man took early retirement in 1980 & warned me not to follow the family tradition & do something different so I started in the DVLC - mistake!

Manselton Jack said:
My grandfather & father both worked in the steelworks but by the time I was leaving school in the early 80's Thatcher had struck & it was in a mess.
My old man took early retirement in 1980 & warned me not to follow the family tradition & do something different so I started in the DVLC - mistake!

I left Glan Afan in 78. We must have just missed each other.

Manselton Jack said:

Did you know Phil Nicholas the French teacher?

Darran said:
Manselton Jack said:
Yeah, he was never my French teacher, he lived just down the road in Sarnfan.

Aye he would have lived near you,died last December.
Ah, I had no idea. My parents were friendly with one of his neighbours so I knew him to chat to. He was alright - real shame.
Did O levels in 81 & A levels in 83 so you were a few years older than me.

I remember Mr Nicholas. Very quick witted. Used to see him regularly out walking.

Baglan but now residing in Sgiwen. Looking to move back in the near future.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back