• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Ads/pop ups

Garyjack

First Team Player
Reaction score
Anyone else getting these? Every page i load, apart from the normal site ads, i'm getting pop up ads down each side of the page and again at the bottom. To compound it, when i click off them there's another one underneath! I've checked my settings and pop ups are blocked. It's getting on my tits tbh, and it's putting me off visiting the site as often as i normally would!

Garyjack said:
Anyone else getting these? Every page i load, apart from the normal site ads, i'm getting pop up ads down each side of the page and again at the bottom. To compound it, when i click off them there's another one underneath! I've checked my settings and pop ups are blocked. It's getting on my tits tbh, and it's putting me off visiting the site as often as i normally would!

There shouldn't be any pop up ads on the page to my knowledge? There's nothing on the side as I'm looking at this now? Is it on the forum or on the main pages?

PSumbler said:
Garyjack said:

There shouldn't be any pop up ads on the page to my knowledge? There's nothing on the side as I'm looking at this now? Is it on the forum or on the main pages?

Happening to me too Phil - never happened until today - also not even good adverts......

PSumbler said:
Garyjack said:

They're on nearly every page i visit! Nothing nasty, just the normal site ads, but they're all over the place!

Garyjack said:
PSumbler said:

They're on nearly every page i visit! Nothing nasty, just the normal site ads, but they're all over the place!

Let me have a look tomorrow - been a long day and if I try and work out what's causing that tonight theres every chance that the site will have disappeared by tomorrow morning

I'm seeing ads but nothing like you have described :lol:

Should add to that are you viewing on phone/tablet/PC?

I get a ad at the top, between 1st and 2nd post plus at the bottom.

In addition to these I get a pop-up add along the bottom.

They all have a little arrow and cross with the AdChoices caption in the corner.

The annoying thing is I'm still getting ads for something i actually bought. These bots aren't as clever as they think they are.

Strangely enough, I've just reverted from Chrome to internet explorer and am getting nothing at all? :?

I'm getting them as well but on my android phone.

I got them on the works PC, banner type at the bottom of the page and with an X to close them on the top left of the banner.

Running Adblocker Ultimate & Strict Pop Up Blocker on Firefox. Never seen a single ad on here, on PC or phone.

There has to be some level of ads on the site to cover the hosting/running costs which have always been quite heavy because of forum traffic (for the same reason that fansnetwork have them as well)

These should be banner ads, no video advertising and nothing that generates a pop up or new window at all. All settings are supposed to be less adverts for people logged into the site and less again on pages where it's classed as "non content" (like the pages where you have to type replies like this)

As I type I am seeing a banner across the top of the page and that is it. They are designed to be as non intrusive as possible and way short of things like Wales Online :lol:

On the main site the settings are slightly different but shouldnt be hugely

I've work calls most of this morning so will take a look later today to make sure the settings are as they should be and have a chat with the agency that supplies them to make sure that the content of them hasn't changed

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back