• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Aldi v Lidl lager opinions

dickythorpe

Ivor Allchurch
Reaction score
https://thetab.com/uk/2022/08/05/i-tried-every-beer-in-lidl-and-aldi-to-tell-you-which-ones-are-actually-worth-buying-265887

Interesting, I don't agree with their assessment on the stubbies ,but it's all about opinions.

I do agree with their statement on refusing to pay over the odds for a pint.
I enjoy my garden, my front room. Work too many hours away from them to put up with silly prices in pubs that take the Micky.

Currently enjoying a Saint Bertin 4% from Lidl.
Very similar to the Aldi Brasserie which is in my opinion very refreshing.🍺🌞👍

All my life I've craved a decent local pub, but the last one I had was in Stoke-on-Trent in the 1980s.

Since landing in Swansea The Railway has been my preferred option but lately they've made some changes in pursuit of the young people's cash so I'm in my garden instead.

As for beers - my latest ruse is buying out of date stuff from Beermerchants.com. £24 for 24 cans/bottles. I've no idea what's coming but so far it's all been superb. "A beer for every occasion". This latest batch even has some bona fide Belgian bottled beers. You'd probably get just two of these for £24 at that place near Coast cafe.

Good timing, Dicky. I’ve had a few stubby Argus in the garden this afternoon, on your recommendation.

Very good, I would never have bought them without your nod of approval. Picked them up Sunday and cracked them open today.

Cooperman said:
Good timing, Dicky. I’ve had a few stubby Argus in the garden this afternoon, on your recommendation.

Very good, I would never have bought them without your nod of approval. Picked them up Sunday and cracked them open today.

Just read the article, it didn’t score very well.

Not that I noticed, the hot sun was suitably balanced by the cold liquid.

I bought a Phillips Perfect Draft machine, I've tried Tiny Rebels Cail Pale it was a tad bland but okish, tried their Tropicana and again just ok, Punk Ipa tastes nothing like Punk Ipa,been disappointing and none of the kegs are cheap Doh!

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back