• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Alix Popham - Rugbys big problem

JustJack

Lee Trundle
Reaction score
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/wales-rugby-star-alix-popham-19420573

Where does the sport go from here?

A lot of England players getting together for a big lawsuit aswell.

So sad, 41 years old with early signs of dementia.

No idea on where rugby goes next, but football's involved in this as well. There's quite a bit of pressure building for something to be done. It won't be long before we have no heading rules in football for kids (they do that in America already). I assume rugby will similalry go non-contact or mandatory head guards for younger age groups?

LeonWasTheDog's said:
No idea on where rugby goes next, but football's involved in this as well. There's quite a bit of pressure building for something to be done. It won't be long before we have no heading rules in football for kids (they do that in America already). I assume rugby will similalry go non-contact or mandatory head guards for younger age groups?

Yes in the USA there is no heading for players aged 13 and under in games (12 in training). At least in football you can take heading away and the game is changed, but the principle remains, the only way I can see Rugby getting this off their back is to give all players a headguard in a game? or dare I say even mandatory padding.

My grassroots rugby knowledge is limited, but they surely don't play full contact before a certain age either?

This is beyond that though, I think they are alleging that his diagnosis is from his professional career.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back