• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Amazon Prime Video

Skippyjack

Alan Curtis
Reaction score
Anyone recommend anything on it.. I'll watch Rings of Power obviously, but what else is on there

Thirteen Lives - the Thai cave rescue film directed by Ron Howard. 2.5 hours - excellent.

Barely watch Prime Video as generally poor quality.

Skippyjack said:
Anyone recommend anything on it.. I'll watch Rings of Power obviously, but what else is on there

Do a search as there was a tidy list...I can't tell you as I am a bit list myself ATM. 😁...Don't look at me like that, I'm on holiday time!!🌞

One of my recommendations was "The good place".

ABSwan said:
The Expanse

If you like sci-fi, I strongly endorse this suggestion. Best sci-fi show since the BSG remake for me.

If you like fantasy, the first series of Wheel of Time (from Robert Jordan's books) is on there, with at least 2 more series on the way.

Again if you like fantasy and don't mind animation, The Legend of Vox Machina is pretty good.

Agree with the suggestion of the Boys. Not one for the squeamish mind. If you watch that and enjoy, there's also Preacher (adapted from graphic novels from the same author, Garth Ennis).

Invincible is a great animated superhero show. I enjoyed The Tick for a more comedic superhero show.

I enjoyed the book The Underground Railroad, there's an adaptation of that on there that I haven't got round to yet. Not one for the gammons that one.

The adaptation of Gaiman and Pratchett's Good Omens is on Amazon Prime. Decent enough series.

People seem to like Vikings and Mr Robot, not watched either of them myself.

Now I’ve opened Prime and looking at their originals etc, as well as above

Yellowstone
Reacher
The Terminal List
Jack Ryan
Goliath
Treadstone
Sneaky Pete
Little Fires Everywhere
Carnival Row
Truth Seekers

Mixture of Fantasy, Action and Conedy there.

Don’t agree with the comment it’s rubbish, a bit like Apple in that it doesn’t drop new stuff every week, but there is decent stuff there.

ABSwan said:
Now I’ve opened Prime and looking at their originals etc, as well as above

Yellowstone
Reacher
The Terminal List
Jack Ryan
Goliath
Treadstone
Sneaky Pete
Little Fires Everywhere
Carnival Row
Truth Seekers

Mixture of Fantasy, Action and Conedy there.

Don’t agree with the comment it’s rubbish, a bit like Apple in that it doesn’t drop new stuff every week, but there is decent stuff there.

Some good stuff in there. I enjoyed Reacher and people seem to like Yellowstone although I haven't seen it.

Agree on the content. There's plenty of good stuff on all the streaming services. I don't know how anyone who works could find time to watch it all and be left with nothing new to watch.

The bigger problem is that there's so much content that stuff gets missed. Everyone has heard of Stranger Things, Squid Games and the Lord of the Rings series, but not everything gets that kind of publicity. I try to make a note whenever I hear/read someone recommending something they've seen.

This is Us.
May not be everyone’s cup of tea but I enjoyed. An easy watch family story following them through the lives as they grow, have children and is one of those that jumps between time periods and ages of the cast. NOT an action series at all, a bit slushy on times but wonderfully acted and the choice of actors for the different ages of the characters is superb.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back