• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

An embarrassing performance

3swan said:
Midway through the second half, I made much the same comment.

That back 3 are much the same and no dominant player or leader.

Yet Bennett unceremoniously dumped .
He wasn’t exactly Beckenbauer but he was no worse than what we are seeing now

Mount St Helens said:
Yet Bennett unceremoniously dumped .
He wasn’t exactly Beckenbauer but he was no worse than what we are seeing now

Bennett was/is as slow as a boat. And in no way is he any better than what we are tolerating.

I decided not to go AGAIN last night.
I have to ask.
1)Did our Russ lovers sing of Swansea's love him more than he will know.(Brings a tear to the eye).
2) Did he remember to give the massive his fist pumps.( He is a tad out of practise).

jasper_T said:
Pass the ball, tire out the opposition Martin says. But opposition teams don't tire if you don't make them run side to side.

Invariably, the opposition seem to get stronger as the games wear on. And we seem to get very ragged.

The 5-subs rule has put to bed the idea that you can tire the opposition. IMHO.

sainthelens said:
Bennett was/is as slow as a boat. And in no way is he any better than what we are tolerating.

Plus he was also going to trigger a contract extension if he played another game. Bennett is not the answer, just in the same way that Martin isn’t the answer.

Playing out of the back..... risk v reward..... been our downfall in lots of games

DoubleJack said:
Playing out of the back..... risk v reward..... been our downfall in lots of games

Playing out from the back is fine - there aren't many teams that don't these days. But you need the right players to do it, and they need to realise when they shouldn't. The best player we have for that is Naughton but he's getting on now. Cabango is the worst, Wood not far behind. You'd think they would learn but they don't appear to - especially Cabango, who is a full Welsh international. I know we're not allowed to pick on him because he's one of our own but if I was manager he wouldn't be first choice.

CurtessECarr said:
I decided not to go AGAIN last night.
I have to ask.
1)Did our Russ lovers sing of Swansea's love him more than he will know.(Brings a tear to the eye).
2) Did he remember to give the massive his fist pumps.( He is a tad out of practise).

Yes they did and yes he did, oddest love of a manager I've ever seen

DoubleJack said:

The flaw is, there's no reward. If we get out we go back in. We're the footballing version of Michael Corleone.

monmouth said:
The flaw is, there's no reward. If we get out we go back in. We're the footballing version of Michael Corleone.

Said much the same last night. There was one in the first half where Fisher and Ben dragged some of their players forward and managed to get it around them out to Sorinola or Grimes. It was a nicely executed moved but it didn't lead anywhere, we just went to Grimes and then back to one of the centre halves. If you're going take risks like that at the back it should be because it'll lead to some space opening up, someone being free 1v1 or some other attacking possibility. It's not going to every time of course, but part of the reason we let in so many goals is because we take a lot of risks at the back that end up going nowhere.

DoubleJack said:

Playing out from the back is fine if you have the quality to do it, we don’t.

…. And we don’t really play out from the back anyway, it’s a myth, we just dick around with it in our own half, allowing the opposition to press until we sh!t the bed and gift then another opportunity. Let’s face it, that’s how most teams score against us.

We’re gash, it’s the managers fault.

Itchysphincter said:
Playing out from the back is fine if you have the quality to do it, we don’t.

…. And we don’t really play out from the back anyway, it’s a myth, we just dick around with it in our own half, allowing the opposition to press until we sh!t the bed and gift then another opportunity. Let’s face it, that’s how most teams score against us.

We’re gash, it’s the managers fault.

We quite often beat the press, but having done so we don't take advantage. How many times do we end up slowing down and passing back to the CB's? That's where the problem lies.

MIDDLESBROUGH v SWANSEA CITY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back