• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

An embarrassing performance

mrploppy said:
We quite often beat the press, but having done so we don't take advantage. How many times do we end up slowing down and passing back to the CB's? That's where the problem lies.

If it ends up with CB we haven’t beaten the press.

Itchysphincter said:
If it ends up with CB we haven’t beaten the press.

Now you're just playing semantics. If we beat the press, what happens afterwards determines whether the risk has been worth the reward. If the ball ends up back at the feet of our defenders then clearly it's not been worth it. If we end up taking advantage of the overload then it has.

I don’t understand the thought process of slowing down every attack in the interest of maintaining possession. Doesn’t make sense, the amount of times I have seen us engineer threatening opportunities only to check back and pass to defenders is more than I care to count.

In attack speed of thought and action is the most potent weapon in my view. The utter lack of quickfire responses in our play is a constant disappointment to me. It’s funny, cos I hear the opposite from the missus all the bloody time!

MIDDLESBROUGH v SWANSEA CITY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back