• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Attendances

Attendances were always going to drop after relegation to the Championship, the Americans compered to the more established Championship teams have thrown a bit of coin about (a fraction of what they have taken on players sold), but more often than not the players that have come in have been a complete waste of money.
Now we find ourselves with a squad that is basically worth peanuts.
Either our owners dig deep into thier own pockets for squad strengthening in the summer or we sink fast.
I think, deep down, we all know the outcome...

Nope and they haven't been all season as car as I'm aware.

Even more confusing when Bamford was starting online but Piroe was on the pitch
the teams have been announced for most of the season which is why I thought it was unusual last night

They certainly always used to announce when there was a late change like last night. Bamford was announced and replaced by Piroe.

The club had the time to put it on Twitter mind

There were no half time highlights either although I can guess the reason for that:D

Why do they announce the attendance and what difference does it make how many are there or is it some sort of ego trip for the owners.

It's the people not turning up they should do something about.

I sit in the west stand not far from the Premier seats. There were lots not there in the premier seats and also around me.

Why do they announce the attendance and what difference does it make how many are there or is it some sort of ego trip for the owners.

It's the people not turning up they should do something about.

I sit in the west stand not far from the Premier seats. There were lots not there in the premier seats and also around me.
They've done it forever. I guess no one has said ffs stop.

That stadium announcer is terrible at "reading the room" as well. After every dreadful performance he comes on after the final whistle sounding as cheerful as anything to announce when the next game is and to "wish everyone a fantastic evening, nos da!!"

They've done it forever. I guess no one has said ffs stop.
Actually, back in the Prem they did stop it for a while, just flashed up the number on the big screens. I amongst others had complained about the constant jeering from away fans when the tannoy announcement was made. Of course most Clubs then had way more home support than us.

But now our crowds are falling further, the damned jeering by Championship away fans is happening more and more.

Simple solution as before...just put the number on the screens, no tannoy announcement.

Of course, the better solution for attendances is to have a successful and entertaining team. I won't hold my breath though !

Last edited:
There were numerous occasions when we were in the PL when away fans would start jeering at the attendance announcement only for them to choke on it as they realised that the small club were handing them their arses on the pitch.

There were numerous occasions when we were in the PL when away fans would start jeering at the attendance announcement only for them to choke on it as they realised that the small club were handing them their arses on the pitch.
Yes, you're right, those were great karma moments. Long passed though, now we're getting embarrassed on and off the pitch by opposition teams and their fans. It's bad enough on the pitch, let's not compound it by those stupid attendance announcements over the tannoy. Just put it silently on the screens if they have to do something.

Last edited:
Or just make no attendance announcement at all - nobody really cares how many people have bought a ticket for the game,. Thats very 2004

That stadium announcer is terrible at "reading the room" as well. After every dreadful performance he comes on after the final whistle sounding as cheerful as anything to announce when the next game is and to "wish everyone a fantastic evening, nos da!!"

Aye he should tell everyone to just 'f**k off home' instead

Take off the Ipswich sold out away end yesterday our own fans attendance can’t have been much more than 13,500?

Take off the Ipswich sold out away end yesterday our own fans attendance can’t have been much more than 13,500?
That's probably just about par for the course for where we are at as a club this moment in time...

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back