• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Ayew strike downs Barnsley – we are halfway to Wembley

swansnews

Administrator
Reaction score
A singular piece of Andre Ayew magic and a solid and strong performance from the Swans was enough to give us a one goal advantage from the first leg of our play off semi final against Barnsley – can we finish the job off at the Liberty on Saturday and seal our place at Wembley? […]

Read more

We are halfway there!

It's unfortunate that Bournemouth are looking so good, but we have to take this position. Hopefully Brentford find some luck and get through because they are there for the taking.

We were superb tonight - the whole season everyone, even our own fans and many on here, haven't recognised how resolute and clinical we are. We are good but all podcasts, media, and articles would have you believe we were 4th favourites. We are 2nd favourites now, and I wouldn't put it past us to go the whole wayyy!!!!!

AlarchAlmaenig said:
We are halfway there!

It's unfortunate that Bournemouth are looking so good, but we have to take this position. Hopefully Brentford find some luck and get through because they are there for the taking.

We were superb tonight - the whole season everyone, even our own fans and many on here, haven't recognised how resolute and clinical we are. We are good but all podcasts, media, and articles would have you believe we were 4th favourites. We are 2nd favourites now, and I wouldn't put it past us to go the whole wayyy!!!!!

I thought both wankford and bmuff looked good tonight, whereas our game was very cagey.

It will be interesting to see how either team play at wembley against either us or barnsley, will they be able to play free flowing football? We shall see.

Just for the record barnsley beat both brentford and bmuff away so let's not take them for granted eh.

Fireboy said:
AlarchAlmaenig said:
We are halfway there!

I thought both wankford and bmuff looked good tonight, whereas our game was very cagey.

It will be interesting to see how either team play at wembley against either us or barnsley, will they be able to play free flowing football? We shall see.

Just for the record barnsley beat both brentford and bmuff away so let's not take them for granted eh.

Yeah, I think it's no secret that the other semi is seen by many as 'the final'. You never know what will happen in a final though.

Read a few posts on the Brentford forums yesterday saying (and I quote) that they will 'dispatch either of these (Swans/Barnsley) easily in the final'. Overconfidence may be their downfall (again)...

MrSwerve said:
Fireboy said:

Yeah, I think it's no secret that the other semi is seen by many as 'the final'. You never know what will happen in a final though.

Read a few posts on the Brentford forums yesterday saying (and I quote) that they will 'dispatch either of these (Swans/Barnsley) easily in the final'. Overconfidence may be their downfall (again)...

Brentford aren't getting to the final if they come flying out at Bournemouth in the second leg; Bournemouth's strength is their counter-attacking game and they will pick them off. This is where Copperball and huge dollop of luck could work for us in the final (and the second leg). We are playing knock out football whereas the "better" teams are trying to play football and win the Justice League :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fireboy said:
AlarchAlmaenig said:
We are halfway there!

I think we will be less "cagey" against more football playing teams. Barnsley are a "in your face" direct team...they crowded players not allowing time to get the ball down and play. Cooper knew this hence the instructions to play long in those situations and try to get behind the high line...also not to take chances on 50/50 balls.
That said both Bournemouth and Brentford will be challenge but Brentford havrnt beaten us this season..and hopefully we will be up for it if we face the Cherries....Were on our way to Wembly COYS!

Hammy said:
MrSwerve said:

Brentford aren't getting to the final if they come flying out at Bournemouth in the second leg; Bournemouth's strength is their counter-attacking game and they will pick them off. This is where Copperball and huge dollop of luck could work for us in the final (and the second leg). We are playing knock out football whereas the "better" teams are trying to play football and win the Justice League :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bournemouth will pick Brentford off in the 2nd leg...

Swanjaxs said:
Hammy said:

I do hope yiu are right SJ 🤞

I don't hope SJ is right.

I hope Brentford win, so we can beat them in the final. That Bournemouth team is actually good...they haven't been arsed all season but when it matters their big players have higher potential than Frank's team

A bit of overconfidence creeping onto this board? I'm sure Cooper and the team will approach the second game in the correct frame of mind, though.

Fireboy said:
Swanjaxs said:

I do hope yiu are right SJ 🤞

I'm glad we weren't playing Bournemouth last night having seen the calamitous state of our attacking corners and their goal against Brentford.

With more accuracy, we could have easily conceded 3 so let's hope this is something being worked on before Saturday.

Pegojack said:
A bit of overconfidence creeping onto this board? I'm sure Cooper and the team will approach the second game in the correct frame of mind, though.

Now the excitement has subsided pego I think we all realise saturday is going to tough, barnsley will come at us hard and i think that morris will start as he looked ten times the player than dike, I also think that the boys know that they will chuck the kitchen sink at us and they will be prepared.

Brooks and Danjuma will pick Brentford off on Saturday almost nailed on. Frank will blame the un-coordinated seating colours

Fireboy said:
Pegojack said:

Now the excitement has subsided pego I think we all realise saturday is going to tough, barnsley will come at us hard and i think that morris will start as he looked ten times the player than dike, I also think that the boys know that they will chuck the kitchen sink at us and they will be prepared.

Not sure Morris is 10 times the player Dike is. If they'd taken Dike off and brought Morris on instead, nothing would have changed but with both on, we didn't adapt our setup and nobody had the job of picking Morris up as they were still making sure Dike didn't have any space which ensured Morris had plenty. Either that or Hourihane was given the job of picking up Morris which would have had the same effect as nobody doing it. IMO, Fulton should have been instructed to shadow Morris as soon as he came on or Smith brought on instead of Hourihane specifically to do it but either way, we would probably have had an easier last 15 than we did. Cooper should have spotted that and reacted to it.

karnataka said:
Fireboy said:

Not sure Morris is 10 times the player Dike is. If they'd taken Dike off and brought Morris on instead, nothing would have changed but with both on, we didn't adapt our setup and nobody had the job of picking Morris up as they were still making sure Dike didn't have any space which ensured Morris had plenty. Either that or Hourihane was given the job of picking up Morris which would have had the same effect as nobody doing it. IMO, Fulton should have been instructed to shadow Morris as soon as he came on or Smith brought on instead of Hourihane specifically to do it but either way, we would probably have had an easier last 15 than we did. Cooper should have spotted that and reacted to it.

Well at least we know what he's capable of now so we should have a plan if both start, which I'm sure they will.

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back