• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Ayew to PSG

Jackfath said:
I wonder what their fans will make of his continual diving and thumbs up when he messes things up? A luxury for us who ultimately didn't deliver on his efforts to get us back to the top league.

Good luck with your future career, Mr Ayew.

I had major issues with ayew at the start of the season, from finances to ability, but to say he didn't deliver is more about the players around him than his own contribution. The bloke did all he could, but needs to go.

Talented, and gives 100%, but sometimes like a headless chicken. Always thought he is best suited to 5 a side - tries to beat sides all on his own and only tends to pass early on in a build up - rarely in the box. All in all maybe what we needed at this point (on and off the pitch), but more consistency should come from structure, discipline and all round 100% effort - not just 1 player. Really can't see the likes of PSG paying anything for him mind.

PSG will be looking at a few more options to replace their theatrical superstars

I never really understood his best position. Not sure our managers did either.

Belfy said:
Jackfath said:
I wonder what their fans will make of his continual diving and thumbs up when he messes things up? A luxury for us who ultimately didn't deliver on his efforts to get us back to the top league.

Good luck with your future career, Mr Ayew.

I had major issues with ayew at the start of the season, from finances to ability, but to say he didn't deliver is more about the players around him than his own contribution. The bloke did all he could, but needs to go.

Perhaps the word efforts I used should should have been included in my statement. I agree with your response.

If there is any substance to this we absolutely need to say thanks to Ayew for his efforts last season and then move him on. Trying to keep him in the championship is like trying to own, insure and run a high end sports car on a McDonald’s salary.

4 million quid is more than I would have hoped considering his age and the knowledge that other clubs would have of our desperation to get him off our wage books, especially if this vote for a salary cap thing goes through (3.5m wages is about 18% of the rumoured 20m cap that was being mooted on one player).

While it would be beyond naive to hope that all 7.5m of the fee and saved wages would be reinvested back into the team, one would hope that we would use at least a portion of that to shore up what would then be an incredibly threadbare looking front line.

He’s the only player we’ve got who can take on a man and beat him, and he puts in a shift every game. He should have been the team captain. He is by far our most talented footballer. I wish him well wherever he goes and trust he gets more respect from his next set of fans.

I’ve just watched Brewster’s best goals of the season on the Swans Facebook page (my favourite, his long range rocket against Reading - very reminiscent of Bobby Charlton in his prime). Brewster scored some great goals for us but what is remarkable is that in every frame showing him scoring, is the presence of the number 22 shirt. Ayew was involved in one way or another with nearly every goal I watched. He either makes the pass or links the move that results in the goal.

Can I just check that this is a genuine discussion about whether PSG want Ayew as cover for Neymar and whether we should take £5m for him if offered?

:lol: :lol:

Londonlisa2001 said:
Can I just check that this is a genuine discussion about whether PSG want Ayew as cover for Neymar and whether we should take £5m for him if offered?

I raise your :lol: :lol: and double you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Londonlisa2001 said:

To be fair Lisa the pull of working with Cooper & his love of the Jack Army over $$$$s make it a tough call for Andre.

Jackrabbit said:
He’s the only player we’ve got who can take on a man and beat him, and he puts in a shift every game. He should have been the team captain. He is by far our most talented footballer. I wish him well wherever he goes and trust he gets more respect from his next set of fans.

I’ve just watched Brewster’s best goals of the season on the Swans Facebook page (my favourite, his long range rocket against Reading - very reminiscent of Bobby Charlton in his prime). Brewster scored some great goals for us but what is remarkable is that in every frame showing him scoring, is the presence of the number 22 shirt. Ayew was involved in one way or another with nearly every goal I watched. He either makes the pass or links the move that results in the goal.

Given how dull and lacking in much attacking intent or ability we were for much of last season, imagine that without Ayew's contribution in goals, assists, leadership or just plain desire. We'd have been a hell of a lot closer to the bottom three than the top three without him, that's for damn sure.

We obviously can't afford to keep him, but we can afford to give him a bit more respect than he gets for his contribution last season.

Londonlisa2001 said:

Hopefully Real Madrid, Liverpool and Bayern Munich are interested too. Let a bidding war begin.

Rogers played with two up front, Sinclair and Borini. Nether were centre forwards or strikers. Aye would have fitted that system perfectly.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back