• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

BBC salaries

KrunchyKarrot

First Team Player
Reaction score
No wonder we have to start charging the OAP's and the dead. Seriously i was genuinely shocked at the amount of some talent less arsewipes. Steve Wright FFS whoever negotiated his contract needs sacking immediately for a starter for ten.

Non-politics or news:

Gary Lineker – £1.75 million
Zoe Ball – £1.35 million
Graham Norton – £729,999
Claudia Winkleman – £729,999
Steve Wright – £479,999
Vanessa Feltz – £409,999
Clare Balding – £159,000
Mary Berry – £219,000

Not that it really changes your point, but Lineker has taken a £400k pay-cut since that list was produced.

I would be amazed if there weren't several thousand people in the country who could do just as good a job as Lineker for 10% of the cost.

Where does Vanessa Feltz work in the BBC? Is it Radio 2?.... and is she worth all that dough? Me no thinko!

BrynCartwright said:
Where does Vanessa Feltz work in the BBC? Is it Radio 2?.... and is she worth all that dough? Me no thinko!

I dont know havent got a clue, but im looking at the full list and its unbelievable.

He is a smug tw*t Lineker tweeted: “Oh dear. Thoughts are with the haters at this difficult time.”

Zoe Ball tanked on air but has been given a huge pay rise. Never thought i would see the day where im starting to think the Beeb has had its day.

They could earn more on a commercial station. PS envy causes bitterness.

Repeating myself but whoever hands out these contracts needs to go. Stupid salaries for playing digital files on the radio. Offer them a more reasonable salary and they'd still take it because they wouldn't get this amount anywhere else.

Itchysphincter said:

Why aren't they there then ?

Itchysphincter said:

The BBC are damned if they do and damned if they don't. Your point about commercial stations is a good one, we can't really judge these wages unless we can compare them to the other TV broadcasters and radio stations in the country.

The Beeb are hammered for paying these wages, but it tends to be the same people who complain when they think a programme isn't good enough. Imagine they paid a lot less to on-air talent and the quality dipped because the big names go elsewhere, they'd be hammered for the drop in quality.

WxmJax said:
Itchysphincter said:

Give us a minute, I'll ring round and get an answer from each of them.

They're all going to have their reasons aren't they? Perhaps some wouldn't get a better offer elsewhere, perhaps some prefer the greater exposure/audience numbers of being on the BBC, perhaps some want to show loyalty to the broadcaster that gave them their break...

WxmJax said:
Itchysphincter said:

Someone else would earn the salary if they weren’t there. Pointless point.

Piers Morgan and Susannah Reid aren’t on ITV for their love of the broadcaster. Money talks, market rates.

Dr. Winston said:
I would be amazed if there weren't several thousand people in the country who could do just as good a job as Lineker for 10% of the cost.
With a little media training I wouldn't mind betting his new house guest would do a better job....and for a darn sight less wages.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back