• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Be more like Brighton – Swans aiming to follow recruitment blueprint

swansnews

Administrator
Reaction score
There was a time in the not so distant past where we used to look at how things worked at Charlton Athletic and used it as the blueprint that we wanted to follow. That was back in the days of us being a League One club and certainly before a period where we spent seven years in the Premier League and...

Read more

swansnews said:
There was a time in the not so distant past where we used to look at how things worked at Charlton Athletic and used it as the blueprint that we wanted to follow. That was back in the days of us being a League One club and certainly before a period where we spent seven years in the Premier League and...

Read more

It'll take yrs going by our rate and we are not going to be able to do that without spending reasonable money on young up and coming players though and that brings its own risks, as you never know how players are going to develop I'd back the idea though, but now that we've broadcasted the fact by releasing that statement the selling clubs will all now know and adjust their terms for their player/s.

Flooding the squad with Loanee's isn't gonna achieve that either. :roll:

What is a bit sad about this story for me is that I was with a Brighton fan in Spain about 6/7 years ago and he was explaining that he thought Brighton were using Swansea as a model for them to follow and improve.

Follow Brighton's recruitment blueprint?

Sounds like a good plan. I bet nobody else has thought of that yet so we may get to the front of the queue. :eek:

Brighton have been spending a fortune since before they appointed Potter. Their blueprint has been investing £15m+ on multiple players every summer. They've done it really well but it's not at all feasible in our situation.

jasper_T said:
Brighton have been spending a fortune since before they appointed Potter. Their blueprint has been investing £15m+ on multiple players every summer. They've done it really well but it's not at all feasible in our situation.

Exactly, ain't going to happen

Yet there was a time when teams like Bournemouth, Brentford and even Brighton ironically were waxing lyrical about how we went about and did things.
Even Ian Holloway publicly said that every club with dreams should follow our model.
How things change!

Can I get my grandson an apprenticeship playing with the swans ?

Thanks

Janet xoxo

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back