• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Birch leaving to join Prem club

I suppose it won't be long before the club quietly slips in to the hands of 'new' owners.

I'm sure people will try and read more into this than meets the eye, but looks like he was offered a no-brainer career move and took it, as we all would.

J_B said:
Marchamjack said:
Good. Fck him ( to quote someone on here) never trusted the guy from the off and never got the whole fanboy worship of him 😐

Hopefully Steve, Jake and Jase aren't now going to run the club from across the pond. We could easily do worse than Birch.

A lot worse, as we’re probably going to find out.

What happens to his shares? Or did he sell to Silverstein

Done a good job steadying the ship here. Moving to Spurs would be a no-brainer.

Hope to Christ Silverstein is up to it.

Was he on contract? Was it a deal? Any money coming to us from Spurs for compensation?

Dr. Winston said:
Done a good job steadying the ship here. Moving to Spurs would be a no-brainer.

Hope to Christ Silverstein is up to it.

He looks like he has far too much on his plate to be running the day to day operations of a professional football club. Surely someone else is hired to take over Birch's responsibilities.

The trust's statement seems to suggest they either hold the tanks at least partially responsible for his departure or maybe that they aren't happy with the lack of urgency / preparedness maybe in mitigating his departure? Anyone else infer this from the statement?

Trying to look at this objectively, it would suggest to me that people inside the game who know the going’s on have looked at what he’s done at Swansea, have been impressed and made him an offer he couldn’t refuse. Going to Spurs is a big step up and Birch is probably getting a big pay rise and will be nearer hs family.

I am hoping that he’s left the Swans in a position where the club is over the worst of the medicine and his successor can move the club forward.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back