• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Birch

biggar

First Team Player
Reaction score

Hello all,

Am I the only one thinking that we are missing Birch to a degree? Or am I simply overrating the man?

I know there is a distinct lack of cash but at least under Birch I felt there was better stewardship at the club. I don't get the same feeling at the moment.

biggar63 said:

Hello all,

Am I the only one thinking that we are missing Birch to a degree? Or am I simply overrating the man?

I know there is a distinct lack of cash but at least under Birch I felt there was better stewardship at the club. I don't get the same feeling at the moment.

I think Birch and Winter both have their strengths and weaknesses, but we're missing Birch's strengths now.

Thing is that what made Birch good (able to negotiate, understood football and had a good working relationship with his manager) is exactly why he was never going to be in the gig for long. The owners want the chief exec to defer decisions to them, not having the temerity to do things himself.

Birch was good at glad handing fans but Winter is far better at the important engagement stuff. Some excellent work beefing up the foundation for example.

The problem is that the owners have appointed someone that won't do what Birch did, because they don't want him to. And that means Martin is effectively on his own, and it doesn't look like he can cope.

That's not a criticism of Winter, it seems to be more the norm these days and Birch was a bit of a throwback, although where I think he's definitely wrong is in keeping his head low at the moment. He needs to take the flak off Martin. Not just him though. There are usually no shortage of people there to take credit when things are good.

Pentyrchjack said:
Would we have signed Wood with Birch present?

Someone could offer him an olive branch and see if it takes root?
Or we might be barking up the wrong tree.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back