• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Birmingham away

Get into the briar rose a wetherspoons on bennetts Hill about 2 mins walk from new st station for some cheap ale and food then walk upto the wellington on the same st, a proper real ale pub.

We do that combo every time we play West Brom, Villa and Brum.

Donnybackspin said:
Thanks for this booked early train so getting there at 11am.

Great stuff Donny, you won't regret it mate 👍

I'll also be calling in at the Briar Rose, but I'll be having a pie and chips at the Old Joint Stock pub which is only a stone's throw away at 4 Temple Row West, B2 5NY. It's a Fullers pub that charges less than the pub next to Fullers Brewery in London, near where I live. There's also an outstanding real ale pub near both of them, whose name someone else will remember*. Together all three make a very nice pub crawl. What's the early match on Saturday?

"Update: It's the Wellington that Fireboy has already recommended, the boy has good taste.

Thank you all for the recommendations. I won’t have much time before match but I should be able to get a pint or two.

crazedbison: if you are looking for a pub that's nearer to the stadium, jackharris has a list of safe pubs for away fans in his excellent official match preview.

Glyn1 said:
I'll also be calling in at the Briar Rose, but I'll be having a pie and chips at the Old Joint Stock pub which is only a stone's throw away at 4 Temple Row West, B2 5NY. It's a Fullers pub that charges less than the pub next to Fullers Brewery in London, near where I live. There's also an outstanding real ale pub near both of them, whose name someone else will remember*. Together all three make a very nice pub crawl. What's the early match on Saturday?

"Update: It's the Wellington that Fireboy has already recommended, the boy has good taste.

Scum playing Boro 12:30 or Chelsea v Norwich 👍

The Post Office Vaults is also decent for real ales. The only disadvantage of the City Centre is it's a fair way from there to the ground.

There is also the Jewellery Quarter which is 3/4 of a mile from the city centre which has a number of good pubs, and then you can catch the train (10 mins) to Bordesley, which is near the ground.

Shame not pay on the day or I'd probably meander up on the choo choo. About time we had a decent result there again. Wonder if Lee Bowyer will out-think Martin in the way he totally publicly humiliated Cooper and opened the door for others to do the same. For instance I think the short corner every time routine needs a variation of some sort now. Some second half intensity might blow these hoofers up I hope.

monmouth said:
Shame not pay on the day or I'd probably meander up on the choo choo. About time we had a decent result there again. Wonder if Lee Bowyer will out-think Martin in the way he totally publicly humiliated Cooper and opened the door for others to do the same. For instance I think the short corner every time routine needs a variation of some sort now. Some second half intensity might blow these hoofers up I hope.

You could ring and buy a ticket from the swans ticket office then pick it up from the brum ticket office.

Fireboy said:
monmouth said:

You could ring and buy a ticket from the swans ticket office then pick it up from the brum ticket office.

I might well try that 👍 Didn't realise that was even a thing.

Before you do that, Monmouth, first make sure that you can get a train ticket. I don't where you're located but the trains from London to Birmingham for the most useful times are almost all booked up. Mostly by Brummies travelling home of course.

monmouth said:
Fireboy said:

I might well try that 👍 Didn't realise that was even a thing.

No probs mate 👍

MIDDLESBROUGH v SWANSEA CITY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back