• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Brentford could easily batter us on weds

• Thread starter Belfy
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 39
  • Views: Views 10,661
LeonWasTheDog's said:
Fireboy said:
I know the scum arent that good but after last night I'd say Fulham are the best team atm.

I must be one of the few to want Cardiff to win the semi, as I'd certainly rather play Cardiff than Fulham (IF we were to get to the final of course, which is far from a given). Fulham were stronger than Cardiff in every department. Took them a little while to get going, but when they did they were streets ahead.

Sorry Leon, but if i thought for one minute that Cardiff would progress to the final, then i would rather us lose to Brentford rather than face the prospect of losing to them at Wembley. It wouldn't be just another derby, it would be game set and match for the victors, and i just couldn't bear the possibility that it wouldn't be us.

Neath_Jack said:
If we sit back and invite them on to us, they'll have a field day.

Hopefully we play the was have done since the restart.

I agree. I'm not saying go at it gung ho, but we must set up to win the game, not go there just to defend the lead. If we try and defend it, then concede a goal, it' very hard to change the mentality back to attacking.

In fairness to Cooper he did say they will approach the game with the assumption that it's still 0-0. Not sure how anybody else is feeling but I am nervous. There is no doubt they be offensive as soon as the game starts. I do think we can score up there, especially on the counter-attack.

Richard said:
In fairness to Cooper he did say they will approach the game with the assumption that it's still 0-0. Not sure how anybody else is feeling but I am nervous. There is no doubt they be on the offense as soon as the game starts. I do think we can score up there, especially on the counter-attack.

Definitely nervous, they will come out fast & hard and if they get a goal in the first 10/15 mins it is likely to be like the Alamo, at least for a spell. Generally they are tight at the back at home (18 goals conceded, only Leeds did better) & joint highest goal scorers at home too - so capable of blowing us away by 3/4 goals . . . . . However we generally stay in games away from home (only lost 4 this season) & we usually nick a goal at some point (only Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds & Brentford have scored more than us away). . . . . . think I might ‘watch’ it via B365 notifications!!

If we do pull this off this year, is it just me or will this be an even bigger achievement than what we did under Rodgers?

A largely rookie team for this level with a few older experienced heads. Last time out it was a team that had played together for a long time with some experienced additions in Dobbie, Sinclair and Fabio.

If we do go up it will be very interesting who we will be able to bring in.

Thornburyswan said:
Richard said:
In fairness to Cooper he did say they will approach the game with the assumption that it's still 0-0. Not sure how anybody else is feeling but I am nervous. There is no doubt they be on the offense as soon as the game starts. I do think we can score up there, especially on the counter-attack.

Definitely nervous, they will come out fast & hard and if they get a goal in the first 10/15 mins it is likely to be like the Alamo, at least for a spell. Generally they are tight at the back at home (18 goals conceded, only Leeds did better) & joint highest goal scorers at home too - so capable of blowing us away by 3/4 goals . . . . . However we generally stay in games away from home (only lost 4 this season) & we usually nick a goal at some point (only Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds & Brentford have scored more than us away). . . . . . think I might ‘watch’ it via B365 notifications!!

It wasn't an easy watch the last time we played at Griffin Park, I sincerely hope we learned from that experience.

Obvs I want is to win tonight but what ever happens is a win win, never thought we'd get into the play offs, never thought we could win the first leg so it's all been a bonus. Really proud of the club and glad we've kept it classy unlike Brentford.

Bill the bee said:
Will be a tough game for both sides and think it will be decided in extra time glad we have a different set of officials and that’s in everyone’s interest.

But hasn’t Stroud been GOOD to you in recent games ?
I’m not sure what you actually require to win if it isn’t a fair official.

oldjack said:
Belfy said:
Surely they aren't on their knees (scuse the pun) There must be something left in them to cause us grief?
no question about that , and no question they are the best team in the play offs . we're gonna have to be at our very best to overcome them

Fulham have a very strong squad, could go either way?

benny said:
sainthelens said:
Prior to last night Anus and his chums were claiming a PL spot before a ball was kicked. Interesting reading there today :lol: :lol:

Bollox they were....no one thinks we were going to win, this sums it up posted on ccmb last night.

7 playoff ties at home. Won 1, lost 6. Scored 3, conceded 13.

Where does that stand? Firstly, I thought I'd find out if losing 4 home playoff games on the trot was a record. It is. I didn't have to do much research to find this out. No other side in playoff history has lost more than 3 games at home in total. We've lost 6.

Our home win percentage is the second lowest of any side who have played 5 or more playoff games. Huddersfield have played 9 playoff games without a win, but they've at least drawn 6.

No side has failed to score at home as often as us.

Only one side has conceded more at home than us.

Pretty shit, ain't it?

To rub salt into the wound, Swansea have won 6 and drawn 1 at home in their 7 playoff games....

I didn’t even bother watching it, not 1 minute. I swear that in my kids life’s.....waste of time.

Well that read cheered me up. Cheers scummer.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back