• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Brewster...Is there really no chance?

Garyjack

First Team Player
Reaction score
He was all over our game on instagram today, showing clips of our goals with the caption "Come on boys!"

He's got no chance of a bench place at Liverpool this season, and as i've stated previously from someone in the know at Anfield, Liverpool will not send him on loan to another Prem club. So unless someone is prepared to shell out the £20m transfer fee Liverpool want for him, where else is he going to go?

Garyjack said:
He was all over our game on instagram today, showing clips of our goals with the caption "Come on boys!"

He's got no chance of a bench place at Liverpool this season, and as i've stated previously from someone in the know at Anfield, Liverpool will not send him on loan to another Prem club. So unless someone is prepared to shell out the £20m transfer fee Liverpool want for him, where else is he going to go?

If he is still with them on 5th October then we have a big chance.

Thornburyswan said:
Garyjack said:

We could bring in Brewster and Gyokeres, I'm sure Ayew is on African cup duties in January?

If he is still with them on 5th October then we have a big chance.

Garyjack said:

Never had you down as an Instagram user Gary ;)

Always have had some belief on Brewster but from nothing more than a gut feel fuelled by hope!

PSumbler said:
Garyjack said:

Never had you down as an Instagram user Gary ;)

Certainly not! My eldest was down with me watching the game and brought it to my attention. :D

I hope I’m wrong here but no manager worth his salt would send him back to the Championship when he’s already proved he can score goals in the Championship would they?
He needs to be tested at a higher level now surely?

Darran said:
I hope I’m wrong here but no manager worth his salt would send him back to the Championship when he’s already proved he can score goals in the Championship would they?

I agree Dar, but again no prem manager worth his salt would (or should) spend the type of cash Liverpool are asking for a player who scored 11 goals in 22 appearances for us, and who also went missing for long periods in some games. The jury's still out for sure, and if they did loan him out to a prem club and he bombs then Liverpool's valuation is gone forever. What better way to secure that valuation than to send him back to a club where he's already had a brief enjoyable successful spell, and see where it takes his transfer value, as it's clear his time at Liverpool is over, and they want to cash him in.

Darran said:

22 games is a pretty small sample size. He's a great finisher and clearly has something about him but his all round game needs a considerable bit of refining. A full season in the Championship would likely do him the world of good compared to being likely a bit part player on loan in the Prem.

Whether that's playing in a defensively minded Steve Cooper team mind, is another question.

NeathJack said:
Darran said:

22 games is a pretty small sample size. He's a great finisher and clearly has something about him but his all round game needs a considerable bit of refining. A full season in the Championship would likely do him the world of good compared to being likely a bit part player on loan in the Prem.

Whether that's playing in a defensively minded Steve Cooper team mind, is another question.

I’ve seen a lot of people saying about him being a bit part player but I don’t get why people think that he could be starting every week

Garyjack said:
Darran said:

I agree Dar, but again no prem manager worth his salt would (or should) spend the type of cash Liverpool are asking for a player who scored 11 goals in 22 appearances for us, and who also went missing for long periods in some games. The jury's still out for sure, and if they did loan him out to a prem club and he bombs then Liverpool's valuation is gone forever. What better way to secure that valuation than to send him back to a club where he's already had a brief enjoyable successful spell, and see where it takes his transfer value, as it's clear his time at Liverpool is over, and they want to cash him in.

Fair point.

I guess we will welcome him back, we are prone to drawing parallels with our ex loan players and a season in the championahip was good for the Tamster

Rhian will be waiting to see how well we start as with Gallo the parent club will not let their prospects linger in a relegation battle

We may be holding out for a season long lone and which is doubtfull but I reckon our finances are stretched and we are looking at Rodon, Roberts or Grimes and poss Andre transfers to fund Brewy

Garyjack said:
Darran said:

yep, agree, I think he needs another season...with us, to toughen up and hopefully get more involved in games, anything else is a gamble,

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back