• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Brewster

Swansea93

Alan Curtis
Reaction score
Sheffield looking to loan or sell him before the end of the transfer window, worth another go on loan?

Swansea93 said:
Sheffield looking to loan or sell him before the end of the transfer window, worth another go on loan?

Not really. My guess is that there will be a significant difference between what Sheff Utd will wish to recover and what we can afford to pay.

Swansea93 said:
Do you realise the wages he on ...

Hillbillyjack said:
Swansea93 said:
Do you realise the wages he on ...

Do you realise what negotiations are? Do you realise if your loaning a player you don’t have to pay 100% wages?

i think their fans would happily send brewster back here for nothing and pay for the petrol if we were willing to take Mcburnie back as well

https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/brewster-and-mcburnie.87520/

Hell yeah, if the finances can be sorted. If we’re going to start playing like a Martin side and have lots of possession up the pitch, a mobile forward like him could do very well.

Piroe’s started well enough though, so it’s not our top priority. I’m more worried about what’s behind the striker. A quality number 10 could make our team, but I don’t think he’s got one at the moment.

Prefer to have McBurnie back, not that we could afford either mind.

We should do all we can to bring him back. Him and Piroe up top would be phenomenal

Saw a Sheffield fan saying he’s on 27K a week wages so this one would be more realistic than Andre Gray on 70K a week, although I doubt Sheffield would want to loan him to a division rival.

Swansea93 said:
Saw a Sheffield fan saying he’s on 27K a week wages so this one would be more realistic than Andre Gray on 70K a week, although I doubt Sheffield would want to loan him to a division rival.

Why not?
1 goal in 33 and no assists would surely scupper rivals' chances.

27k a week would cost us around £1.3m in wages for a season long loan.

Let's say if we went and bought a striker at £12k a week - the same period would cost £480k in wages (appreciating it is a longer contract than that period though) which would mean around £800k for transfer fee and signing on fee.

At that cost - Brewster is likely to be a better deal.

That's not to say I think it would happen because I don't think it would but its a damming indictment of Chris Wilder's transfer policy that they are considering letting him leave on loan

PSumbler said:

Let's say if we went and bought a striker at £12k a week - the same period would cost £480k in wages (appreciating it is a longer contract than that period though) which would mean around £800k for transfer fee and signing on fee.

That's not to say I think it would happen because I don't think it would but its a damming indictment of Chris Wilder's transfer policy that they are considering letting him leave on loan

But why consider a striker / CF who as scored once in 33with no assists??

Without a shadow of a doubt. Some players just fit some clubs better than others. Him on the left, Piroe on the right of the two would be a handful if we could create the service

Badlands said:
PSumbler said:

But why consider a striker / CF who as scored once in 33with no assists??

Because we know from experience of just over a year ago that Brewster is one of the best natural finishers we have had here.

Players don’t just lose that talent… he’s been handled so badly at Sheff Utd… this season he’s been mainly played as a winger - he’s no winger.

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back