• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Cardiff whinge to the police and FA over "swim away"

Darran said:
JackSomething said:
Why don't we as a club respond to this complaint by explaining that the swim away celebration, as far as our players and manager are concerned, has nothing to do with the historic event with Cardiff fans? The players see it as their impersonation of a Swan swimming away from the opposition. Barely any of the players are from Swansea and have no knowledge of the event with the fans. Job done.

If the FAW or FA continue to try to stop our players doing it, they're calling them all liars and claiming that gesture can only ever be associated with one thing. Do it in every game to further distance it from Cardiff and then we can do it to our heart's content against the Scum, further winding the head slapping twats up.

F*ck my eyes. :lol:

You just wish you thought of it first... ;)

Total embarrassment of a club, still owe 15 million for Sala, playing hoofball, shit manager, calling the old bill cos we beat em, fans deluded beyond belief.
But they do have lovely concourses.
Every cloud eh.

sainthelens said:
Total embarrassment of a club, still owe 15 million for Sala, playing hoofball, s**t manager, calling the old bill cos we beat em, fans deluded beyond belief.
But they do have lovely concourses.
Every cloud eh.

Being serious (unlike my earlier post), this is a pretty pathetic attempt to try and move their fans' anger from them to us. As someone said earlier in the thread, the majority of sensible Cardiff fans will see through and find it embarrassing.

If the boot was on the other foot I'd be livid that the club had resorted to this. Their humiliation is complete.

There’s like a 25 minute mini doc on YouTube on the “league of 72” channel about the derby, I won’t go in to too much detail, but they didn’t half find some plonkers to represent them lot. one fan in particular may be the most deluded person I’ve ever seen. Was a good watch though and showed us putting 3 past them right at the end just to show everyone who really are the best team in Wales.

FelindreJack said:
There’s like a 25 minute mini doc on YouTube on the “league of 72” channel about the derby, I won’t go in to too much detail, but they didn’t half find some plonkers to represent them lot. one fan in particular may be the most deluded person I’ve ever seen. Was a good watch though and showed us putting 3 past them right at the end just to show everyone who really are the best team in Wales.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MewI90xbmg8
Do they actually believe the shit they say?

JoshTheJack said:
FelindreJack said:
Do they actually believe the s**t they say?

I cringed listening to him talk Josh. Apparently it means more to us and we celebrate it more, and he’s not really bothered by it, but when Chopra scored their winner up there, he jumped 6 rows of seats? Not the first time he contradicted himself in there, and the rest of what he said was utter crap. Where do they find them? Honestly.

I think we should report them to the fraud squad for representing themselves as professional footballers !

FelindreJack said:
JoshTheJack said:
Do they actually believe the s**t they say?

I cringed listening to him talk Josh. Apparently it means more to us and we celebrate it more, and he’s not really bothered by it, but when Chopra scored their winner up there, he jumped 6 rows of seats? Not the first time he contradicted himself in there, and the rest of what he said was utter crap. Where do they find them? Honestly.
He is so bitter i wish they interviewed him after sunday aswell but i suspect he would have turned his phone off.I think they've taken humility out of the dictionaries in Cardiff.

JoshTheJack said:
FelindreJack said:
He is so bitter i wish they interviewed him after sunday aswell but i suspect he would have turned his phone off.I think they've taken humility out of the dictionaries in Cardiff.

Apparently, no matter what we do, what we win, or how long we’ve been in the premier league, we’ll never be bigger than them? Where do they get this shit from? 🤣

FelindreJack said:
JoshTheJack said:

Apparently, no matter what we do, what we win, or how long we’ve been in the premier league, we’ll never be bigger than them? Where do they get this s**t from? 🤣

He rolled out the majority of their tired old criteria for why they're the 'bigger' club:

- Bigger city - nothing to do with the football clubs
- Capital city - see above
- Bigger stadium - the last thing they cling to. Their stadium holds almost 3 times as many as Bournemouth's, but if you surveyed fans across Britain the vast majority would probably point to Bournemouth as the bigger club.

He didn't bring up the FA Cup win or he'd have completed his bingo card for Cardiff cliches. Listed all our recent achievements only to say they're still the 'bigger' club, while offering nothing to support that belief.

I enjoyed how so many of the Cardiff interviewees (including one alleged professional journalist) would only say that Cardiff as a city 'allegedly' gets more investment. Too embarrassed to just acknowledge it as fact for some reason.

Good watch though, so thanks for that.

JackSomething said:
FelindreJack said:
Apparently, no matter what we do, what we win, or how long we’ve been in the premier league, we’ll never be bigger than them? Where do they get this s**t from? 🤣

He rolled out the majority of their tired old criteria for why they're the 'bigger' club:

- Bigger city - nothing to do with the football clubs
- Capital city - see above
- Bigger stadium - the last thing they cling to. Their stadium holds almost 3 times as many as Bournemouth's, but if you surveyed fans across Britain the vast majority would probably point to Bournemouth as the bigger club.

He didn't bring up the FA Cup win or he'd have completed his bingo card for Cardiff cliches. Listed all our recent achievements only to say they're still the 'bigger' club, while offering nothing to support that belief.

I enjoyed how so many of the Cardiff interviewees (including one alleged professional journalist) would only say that Cardiff as a city 'allegedly' gets more investment. Too embarrassed to just acknowledge it as fact for some reason.

Good watch though, so thanks for that.

Imagine that, “we won the FA Cup nearly 100 years ago when none of our fans or their fathers were born, we also have triangle flags on our pitch, because we won the Fa cupppppp” 🤣🤣

In all seriousness though, that boy is an absolute moron, and a prime example of why nobody likes them, the highest sense of arrogance when they’ve nothing to be arrogant about. I’m 27, my first game (that I remember at least) was Swansea 0-4 Kidderminster 2002 as a 8 year old. which I’m sure many on here will remember. We didn’t play them between then and the League cup match down here in 2008 (that I remember anyway) and I’m not sure how many times we played them between 1994 and 2002 if at all?. So, in my lifetime, even though we spent many years in the lower leagues, we have been by some distance, the best and most successful team in Wales, on and off the pitch. Nearly a decade in the premier league with multiple top half finishes, beating the top sides on a regular basis, a domestic cup, a European campaign in which we went to Valencia and scored 3, went toe to toe over 2 legs with a Napoli side that contained the likes Hamsik, Higuain, Insigne, Mertens, Reina etc and had the better when it’s come to the derby matches, yet they refuse to believe, or should I say, they refuse to admit, that for at least the last decade or so Swansea have been the best team in Wales by a marathon, even after our relegation and them being promoted, we were still the bigger club. The only people that believe the crap they spout is themselves, and the more they do that, the sweeter it is when we embarrass them like we did on Sunday.

Them calling the authorities 'on us' is literally the final straw regarding the ultimate embarrassment for them. They now have nowhere to go regarding any moral or biggest club high ground. Guess we should thank them or pity them ?

JackSomething said:
Why don't we as a club respond to this complaint by explaining that the swim away celebration, as far as our players and manager are concerned, has nothing to do with the historic event with Cardiff fans? The players see it as their impersonation of a Swan swimming away from the opposition. Barely any of the players are from Swansea and have no knowledge of the event with the fans. Job done.

If the FAW or FA continue to try to stop our players doing it, they're calling them all liars and claiming that gesture can only ever be associated with one thing. Do it in every game to further distance it from Cardiff and then we can do it to our heart's content against the Scum, further winding the head slapping twats up.

Made up explanations usually get ignored. The FA would just be irritated by it, you need something you can substantiate. It could work, but you need a collection of video references over months & years with text saying "Swimming like a swan" or such like. Proper documentation that backs up your explanation.

This incident is fundamentally different to "Gas a jack" etc. Everyone is used football fans being extremely nasty to each other and no one is going to step in on verbal handbags, apart from racism which it has been decided is an exception.

The problem with swimaway is that it celebrates the very violent world of football support in the 80s. The Cardiff Soul Crew were amongst the worst, the club admits it, and the basis of the Cardiff complaint would be that this risks restarting the problem on their terraces. The FA warned Shelvey because of it, my guess is they will do the same with Patterson, and they'll steamroller anyone who repeats it. They won't tolerate anything that glorifies hooliganism.

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back