• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Careful what u wished for

Jack the lad said:
Well reading some these posts it's clear them who have posted are them brain dead who wanted him gone
Ladies the table don't lie and the way we played last season even when we were losing was still a better shape then this
But Offcourse don't .After if we finished bottom and Martin takes saints up you will still hold on to your ridiculous decisions that he had to go
To genuine fans he will and allways be highly respected as he give us the double twice
But this is the problem there are to ma y fans here now who were nor fans until we had success.

Sorry to break it to you (as others have frequently tried) but 'delivering the double' is not the be all and end all; no matter how much joy we take from it.

The problem with Russ was that milking the double against a Cardiff team that has been a shambles for seasons doesn't mask that he was only able to muster 2 wins in 22 games (both against 10 men) whilst having an embarassment of attacking creativity compared to what we have now.

You, and the cult that worships him need to understand that he is not your friend, it is all a load of spiel to propel his continued failure upwards BoJo style when the fact remains that he FAILED to get above mid table at MK and he FAILED to get us above mid table despite having a 20-30 goal striker amongst his ranks (who he tried to bomb out because he originally deemed him not good enough)

Jack the lad said:
But it's to late
Last season fans wanting rid rm
You who did are pathetic
Firstly the guy deliverd to the soulth wales derby the first double in history
(Twice)how many mangers have tried to do that in the history both clubs
Secondly rm got us to with in playoffs or there about each season he was there
Giving that he been poorly funded and told what to do
Called boring and predictable?with players he had we at times played some great football
So truth is the fans who who wanted him gone are to blame for what we have become
And the truth is like Cooper and Potter we were lucky to have them as the time has come when we thanks to out board are going to be avoided by any decent managers
U fans got what u deserved and it will cost us.
That’s cr@p and you know it. It wasn’t because of the fans he left, the board wouldn’t renew his contract. Contrary to what you’re saying, he still had the support from the majority of fans when he presided over a run of three wins in twenty two. Yes, he got us within a whisker of a play off last season( not sure about the season before- we were mikes off), but do you not think what could’ve been if we’d picked up a few wins in that bad run?

I’ve no idea what would have happened this season had he stayed we could have won the league as far as I know but we had two mediocre seasons finishing 15th and 11th and some see him as the greatest manager we’ve ever had.

What am I missing? 🤷🏻‍♂️

For the "some" it'll be the double doube in the main. . But for the rest of the 2 years...it's a definite no from me. Ponderous bore-fest. And as much as I detest the owners, they didn't trust him in that last January window.

swansvalleyjack said:
For the "some" it'll be the double doube in the main. . But for the rest of the 2 years...it's a definite no from me. Ponderous bore-fest. And as much as I detest the owners, they didn't trust him in that last January window.

It’s certainly an odd one for me.

Darran said:
I’ve no idea what would have happened this season had he stayed we could have won the league as far as I know but we had two mediocre seasons finishing 15th and 11th and some see him as the greatest manager we’ve ever had.

What am I missing? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Many point to the run at the end of the season - a run generated at a time when it is often said teams are "on the beach"

We were dreadful for the most part of last season, 3 wins in a 24 match run (two of them against sides down to ten men inside half hour) I seem to remember was the stat

We are where we are not because Martin left but because we have just made some dreadful transfer windows and player acquisitions - some of which lie firmly at the feet of the god himself

PSumbler said:
Many point to the run at the end of the season - a run generated at a time when it is often said teams are "on the beach"

We were dreadful for the most part of last season, 3 wins in a 24 match run (two of them against sides down to ten men inside half hour) I seem to remember was the stat

We are where we are not because Martin left but because we have just made some dreadful transfer windows and player acquisitions - some of which lie firmly at the feet of the god himself

Spot on.

Darran said:

What am I missing? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Leicester, Ipswich, Leeds and Southampton?

Darran said:

Had he stayed here we wouldn't have got within a mile of the title, largely due to those four teams being way better than us. If Martin had bee in charge when we played Leicester at home the result could have been a proper thrashing against us - largely down to his suicidal pansying around at the back.

Dillwyn the Dog said:
Had he stayed here we wouldn't have got within a mile of the title, largely due to those four teams being way better than us. If Martin had bee in charge when we played Leicester at home the result could have been a proper thrashing against us - largely down to his suicidal pansying around at the back.

I see,fair point.

Fuck1ng hell they're comparing him to Boris Johnson now.

Why not go the whole hog? You're nearly there, may as well. Hitler, Mugabe, Saddam, loads to choose from. Treat yourself mun, it's Christmas.

Thought it was a pretty good analogy myself.

Getting better gigs whilst doing spaff all and talking utter bullshit.

Only thing he has on him is a better quiff.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, RM’s entire modus operandi is to play such an aggressive form of possession football such that bigger teams will want to have a punt on him to try that style of football with ‘better’ players…regardless of results (save for a couple of relegations). It seems to be working, too. We picked him up from MK Dons, where he pulled up no trees to say the least…and Southampton picked him up after two very mediocre mid table finishes (with some absolutely awful runs within them).

If he does take a very strong Southampton side back to the PL, there will be top 8-10 PL teams having a sniff I am sure.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back