• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Celina

JesusJack said:
A4Jack said:
All his previous managers say he's a winger. Even Potter tended to use him more there

Whilst commentating on our game against Brentford, McCarthy himself said that he always preferred Celina coming in from the left.

He's a typical square peg for round holes type of player. Too lightweight for the middle of the pitch in this division. Not quick enough to be an out and out winger. Too inconsistent. Cooper has him spot on tbh. As usual, it's a thread full of fans who think they are a better manager than a qualified coach who sees the player day in day out.

Surprised Thick Mick bothered to comment on our players....such was his rapture for all things Brentford....

Being linked with Dijon according to BBC.

Apparently he is as keen as mustard for the move.

JesusJack said:
A4Jack said:
All his previous managers say he's a winger. Even Potter tended to use him more there

Whilst commentating on our game against Brentford, McCarthy himself said that he always preferred Celina coming in from the left.

He's a typical square peg for round holes type of player. Too lightweight for the middle of the pitch in this division. Not quick enough to be an out and out winger. Too inconsistent. Cooper has him spot on tbh. As usual, it's a thread full of fans who think they are a better manager than a qualified coach who sees the player day in day out.

Coming in from the left, but into central areas. He's never a traditional type winger who would provide width and get to the byline - he inevitably ended up in central positions for Ipswich. I think you're right, he does best when he has the space to exploit - hence start him out wide but give him a free role to drift inside.

Anyway, I thought Potter was getting him firing quite nicely. I like him as he can be a game changer.

So Ayew ‘lite’ then without Ayew’s heading ability? I also like him and think he offers us a creative attacking option, playing with wingbacks would allow him the freedom I think he needs to play a roaming but mostly narrow 10?

Anyway... looks like Dijon are sniffing around according to BBC. If they make a reasonable offer, I’m sure he’ll be off.

100percentjack said:
Anyway... looks like Dijon are sniffing around according to BBC. If they make a reasonable offer, I’m sure he’ll be off.

£3M according to WOL, suspect that will do it.

Thornburyswan said:
100percentjack said:

£3M according to WOL, suspect that will do it.

Get our money back on him then, shame it hasn't worked out as there's a player in there.

LeonWasTheDog's said:
JesusJack said:

Coming in from the left, but into central areas. He's never a traditional type winger who would provide width and get to the byline - he inevitably ended up in central positions for Ipswich. I think you're right, he does best when he has the space to exploit - hence start him out wide but give him a free role to drift inside.

Anyway, I thought Potter was getting him firing quite nicely. I like him as he can be a game changer.
Potter was getting performances out of him drifting in from the left but Potter didn't have Ayew on the other side.
I just don't think Celina & Ayew will work as 2 of the front 3.

Massively wastefull even in his first season. Stropped rather than buckled down. Fuck him.

BLAZE said:
Massively wastefull even in his first season. Stropped rather than buckled down. Fuck him.

Decent player on his day which was rare, as you say I constantly noticed him stropping around the pitch and giving the ball away often, he probably has an ego coming from Man City.

No squad number... Ayew's had #10

The plot thickens 👀

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swansea-city-squad-numbers-2020-21

Another indication that Cooper has no man management skills and isn't interested in creativity.
A waste of a really good player.

Badlands said:
Another indication that Cooper has no man management skills and isn't interested in creativity.
A waste of a really good player.

Or that the player is a sulky sod who won't fight for his place?

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back