• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Club Confirm Cooper exit

SwansFan1912

Reserve Team Player
Reaction score
Club Announcement : he is gone

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/club-statement-steve-cooper-leaves-swansea-city

Sorted two weeks ago, I think we could have another announcement tomorrow.

Cam Toshack I reckon.

Seems "he went" two weeks ago, hopefully those two weeks have been well spent sourcing a replacement...

Swanjaxs said:
Seems "he went" two weeks ago, hopefully those two weeks have been well spent sourcing a replacement...

Why do I get the feeling that isn't the case :lol: hope I'm wrong. Strange for there to be no mention of the other staff or of any replacement

“This decision was reached amicably two weeks ago, and I would like to place on record my thanks to Steve for taking pre-season and for his professionalism while this process has been resolved."

WTF is that about? looks like the Tories are in charge!

In some ways sad to see him go but also glad to see it happen as well.

While he was great at developing youth and getting them first team ready and had a fantastic contacts book, his style of play so utterly focused on shape shape shape while it was a strength in terms of consistently grinding out points it also fell short against teams who had leave to just all out attack while depending on two or three players to pull something out of the bag.

This also led to some utterly coma inducing performances which even put the Paulo Sousa era to shame.

Looking forwards at the early bookie odds while I can see Eddie Howe is the favourite followed by Lampard, I am not sure either would be prepared to accept the financial support we would be prepared to offer to help build up the squad. I do largely suspect that we will see Cameron Toshack back in though I would be more than pleased with either Howe or Lampard.

swan65split said:
“This decision was reached amicably two weeks ago, and I would like to place on record my thanks to Steve for taking pre-season and for his professionalism while this process has been resolved."

Basically...
Winter: "Oi Steve, do us a favour mush, I know we've agreed your wedge, but can ewe show ewe face a couple of times at training and then sit on the bench at Plymouth for a bit, we don't want the peasants revolting too soon, like buy us some more time like"
Cooper: "Orite kid I can do that, will cost you though, 5k up front in a brown paper bag should do it 👍"

Bit embarrassing really, agreeing for a manager to leave but making them take on pre season for 2 weeks

JackBaston said:
Bit embarrassing really, agreeing for a manager to leave but making them take on pre season for 2 weeks

Not really.

He wants to walk away from his contract, our replacement isn't ready for 2 weeks. He waits 2 weeks and walks away without any breach of contract issues and the players get the work they need to get ready. He doesn't look like a spoilt child ahead of any time away from the sport.

Swanjaxs said:
swan65split said:

Basically...
Winter: "Oi Steve, do us a favour mush, I know we've agreed your wedge, but can ewe show ewe face a couple of times at training and then sit on the bench at Plymouth for a bit, we don't want the peasants revolting too soon, like buy us some more time like"
Cooper: "Orite kid I can do that, will cost you though, 5k up front in a brown paper bag should do it 👍"

yeah then leave it too late to bring in players :lol:

thefranchise said:
JackBaston said:

Not really.

He wants to walk away from his contract, our replacement isn't ready for 2 weeks. He waits 2 weeks and walks away without any breach of contract issues and the players get the work they need to get ready. He doesn't look like a spoilt child ahead of any time away from the sport.

youd rather a manager making the prep work for the season whos desperate to leave rather than other coaches at the club?

JackBaston said:
thefranchise said:
Not really.

youd rather a manager making the prep work for the season whos desperate to leave rather than other coaches at the club?

You said it was embarrassing, I was disagreeing with that. I like the thought of him stomping around in a strop not getting his way and having to work for his release.

thefranchise said:
JackBaston said:

You said it was embarrassing, I was disagreeing with that. I like the thought of him stomping around in a strop not getting his way and having to work for his release.

its funny but id have rather had him watch and sulk and had someone else coach, show him how football should be played and that our players can do it

bakajack said:
In some ways sad to see him go but also glad to see it happen as well.

I’m not sad. Come round, a few glasses of a nice celebratory Rioja will take care of it.

thefranchise said:

The whole "We knew he was leaving two weeks ago" is particularly interesting when you note that Palace, Fulham and Bournemouth filled their managerial jobs around three weeks ago.

We gave him a chance to tout himself about and find something else. He couldn't. Mutual consent was the last resort.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back