• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Club Confirm Cooper exit

Dr. Winston said:
thefranchise said:
He wants to walk away from his contract, our replacement isn't ready for 2 weeks. He waits 2 weeks and walks away without any breach of contract issues and the players get the work they need to get ready. He doesn't look like a spoilt child ahead of any time away from the sport.

The whole "We knew he was leaving two weeks ago" is particularly interesting when you note that Palace, Fulham and Bournemouth filled their managerial jobs around three weeks ago.

We gave him a chance to tout himself about and find something else. He couldn't. Mutual consent was the last resort.

I'm not convinced it was our release fee that put others off. Maybe they weren't as impressed by his CV and his powerpoint skills as we were.

I'd be surprised if he goes higher than he has with us. I said all along that his inability to learn from mistakes will be his downfall, it was ours under him. It wasn't just a playing style, it was his inability to adapt at least his ability to control the adaptation.

JackBaston said:
thefranchise said:
You said it was embarrassing, I was disagreeing with that. I like the thought of him stomping around in a strop not getting his way and having to work for his release.

its funny but id have rather had him watch and sulk and had someone else coach, show him how football should be played and that our players can do it
And when this other coach cant get the same players to play that way whose fault us that

thefranchise said:
Dr. Winston said:
The whole "We knew he was leaving two weeks ago" is particularly interesting when you note that Palace, Fulham and Bournemouth filled their managerial jobs around three weeks ago.

We gave him a chance to tout himself about and find something else. He couldn't. Mutual consent was the last resort.

I'm not convinced it was our release fee that put others off. Maybe they weren't as impressed by his CV and his powerpoint skills as we were.

I'd be surprised if he goes higher than he has with us. I said all along that his inability to learn from mistakes will be his downfall, it was ours under him. It wasn't just a playing style, it was his inability to adapt at least his ability to control the adaptation.

I agree , he has reached his peak League wise with us, I just hope we dont mess it up with his replacement.

Vetchonian said:
JackBaston said:
its funny but id have rather had him watch and sulk and had someone else coach, show him how football should be played and that our players can do it
And when this other coach cant get the same players to play that way whose fault us that

His for implententing a style that was the opposite of the philosophy we had in place, which we had refound with Potter

thefranchise said:

There's not a chance in hell we'd have risked getting some compo for him by holding out for £3.5m. We'd probably have taken enough just to pay for another manager if needed.

In the long run I'd expect to see him end up back in the England setup. He'd be much more suited to International football. A style of play tolerable in the excitement of a tournament can't be sustained over a 40+ game season. Plus he can pick his own players.

JackBaston said:
Vetchonian said:

His for implententing a style that was the opposite of the philosophy we had in place, which we had refound with Potter

I genuinely don’t remember this amazing style under Potter. I remember a wonderful game against Man City where everything clicked and Dan James being on fire in the second half of the season.
I also remember selling the talent that summer and not replacing it.

Dr. Winston said:
thefranchise said:

There's not a chance in hell we'd have risked getting some compo for him by holding out for £3.5m. We'd probably have taken enough just to pay for another manager if needed.

In the long run I'd expect to see him end up back in the England setup. He'd be much more suited to International football. A style of play tolerable in the excitement of a tournament can't be sustained over a 40+ game season. Plus he can pick his own players.

I think it’s possible you give some too much credit.

Dr. Winston said:
thefranchise said:

He's Welsh though so he won't get the big job. Maybe a future Wales manager, that'll be fun :lol:

Londonlisa2001 said:
JackBaston said:

I genuinely don’t remember this amazing style under Potter. I remember a wonderful game against Man City where everything clicked and Dan James being on fire in the second half of the season.

Watch some of the highlights from games that season
I watched a few earlier as had good memories

thefranchise said:
He's Welsh though so he won't get the big job. Maybe a future Wales manager, that'll be fun :lol:

If Giggsy gets bird it might happen sooner rather than later.

JackBaston said:
Londonlisa2001 said:

I look good in highlights :lol:

Even sousaball looked good compared to Cooper's "style".

JackBaston said:
Londonlisa2001 said:

I remember the season well. I enjoyed it very much.

But a lot of it was based on Dan James having an amazing second half of the season. Laudrup football it was not.

Plus highlights from any season can look great.

I don’t think Cooper was great as I have said before, but I also think the squad was not great. Even worse last year. If last night was anything to go by this year will be worse again.

fingers crossed we make a good appointment and we’ll see. I think it will be Toshack, but that’s just my guess. He had the 23s playing some lovely football so let’s hope he could do the same with the senior team if it is him.

Londonlisa2001 said:
JackBaston said:

But a lot of it was based on Dan James having an amazing second half of the season. Laudrup football it was not.

I don’t think Cooper was great as I have said before, but I also think the squad was not great. Even worse last year. If last night was anything to go by this year will be worse again.

fingers crossed we make a good appointment and we’ll see. I think it will be Toshack, but that’s just my guess. He had the 23s playing some lovely football so let’s hope he could do the same with the senior team if it is him.

It was still a good attacking and passing season for me, maybe my standards have been lowered as weve not had a season like that since Laudrup
Plus we had such a squad of young talent

Londonlisa2001 said:
JackBaston said:

The squad will have needed rebuilding regardless now the parachute has run out and the attractive loans are not really affordable as they were.

I'm just glad it ain't Cooper doing the rebuilding. Think fans need to be patient now and accept this a project rather than a bounce back to PL as we have failed with that possibility.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back