• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Club Confirm Cooper exit

JackBaston said:
It was still a good attacking and passing season for me, maybe my standards have been lowered as weve not had a season like that since Laudrup
Plus we had such a squad of young talent

The Potter season was more about seeing the green shoots of restoration rather than a fiesta of attacking football. By contrast the Cooper era has been one of laying Sovietesque concrete everywhere.

Allergic2Hoof said:
Londonlisa2001 said:
I remember the season well. I enjoyed it very much.

But a lot of it was based on Dan James having an amazing second half of the season. Laudrup football it was not.

Plus highlights from any season can look great.

I don’t think Cooper was great as I have said before, but I also think the squad was not great. Even worse last year. If last night was anything to go by this year will be worse again.

fingers crossed we make a good appointment and we’ll see. I think it will be Toshack, but that’s just my guess. He had the 23s playing some lovely football so let’s hope he could do the same with the senior team if it is him.

The squad will have needed rebuilding regardless now the parachute has run out and the attractive loans are not really affordable as they were.

I'm just glad it ain't Cooper doing the rebuilding. Think fans need to be patient now and accept this a project rather than a bounce back to PL as we have failed with that possibility.

I agree re project.

One of the reasons id be quite ok with Toshack is I’d quite like a manager for a few years to build something properly. I’d have thought at the time that would be Cooper though, and he’s managed to get utterly fed up. Not the first.

Dr. Winston said:
JackBaston said:
It was still a good attacking and passing season for me, maybe my standards have been lowered as weve not had a season like that since Laudrup

The Potter season was more about seeing the green shoots of restoration rather than a fiesta of attacking football. By contrast the Cooper era has been one of laying Sovietesque concrete everywhere.

Give it a rest.

You hated Cooper, we get it. I tell you something for nothing, if we’d all watched seasons we enjoyed in person over swanstv with zero atmosphere we may have a different view on quite a lot of it. Including some of Brendan’s games.

Londonlisa2001 said:
You hated Cooper, we get it. I tell you something for nothing, if we’d all watched seasons we enjoyed in person over swanstv with zero atmosphere we may have a different view on quite a lot of it. Including some of Brendan’s games.

Apologies for disagreeing with you. I would say that it won't happen again but it probably will.

Dr. Winston said:
JackBaston said:

Potter blew our best chance of getting back to the premier league in spectacular fashion then fkd off to Brighton. Green shoots of recovery. LOL

I was happy at the time when we appointed both Cooper and Potter. What can I say.

Wonder if we’re going for a foreign manager and he’s already done his isolation period in the last two weeks.

Londonlisa2001 said:
Dr. Winston said:

Give it a rest.

I have said many times on here, the only main difference between Sousa's football and Brendan's was the quality of finishers he had.

Now I don't hate anyone but if Cooper had fans in the stadium, he'd have been gone half way through last season.

thefranchise said:
I have said many times on here, the only main difference between Sousa's football and Brendan's was the quality of finishers he had.

Brendan's team looked immeasurably better when he played The Dobster as an attacking #10. Likewise in the first Prem season when Siggy turned up. He's learned since, but in his early days he was quite cautious.

Dr. Winston said:
Londonlisa2001 said:

Apologies for disagreeing with you. I would say that it won't happen again but it probably will.

It’s not a case of disagreeing with me, it’s just a case of repeating about a thousand times how shit he was in your view.

I have found loads of football boring as hell this season, whether us or Man City. It’s because watching football with no fans and no atmosphere is bloody dull. It’s like watching a friendly. Only more boring. Everyone enjoyed the Euros because we had fans again. The Olympics is going to be like watching paint dry whereas in 2012 it was fantastic.

If we’d been in the stadium (and we haven’t been for almost a year and a half of his two years) it wouldn't have seemed as bad. Particularly getting to the play offs.
The most boring we have ever been in recent memory was at QPR under Brendan when we lost 3 nil. I was in the stadium and barely awake. We all look back with distorted vision depending on whether we like managers or players or not.

Laudrup I liked. Yes, he and his agent sailed close to the wind but what a ride that was. His statements about not being able to compete against the top six were irritating at the time but realistic. Great scouting, great times.

Londonlisa2001 said:
Dr. Winston said:

Give it a rest.

Totally get what you’re saying, and I thought the same thing. However I went to the two playoff games at the end of the season, thought I’d enjoy it more in person and ended up just as bored by our performances as I was watching it on TV.

I’m torn because although I expect the squad to be worse this season, and I didn’t expect another playoff push, we’d have been a boring mid table team under Cooper. Replacing him feels a bit like a gamble we don’t need to be making. On the other hand I have absolutely zero enthusiasm to watch another 46 matches like last year so fingers crossed whoever comes in will at least be entertaining.

swan65split said:
“This decision was reached amicably two weeks ago, and I would like to place on record my thanks to Steve for taking pre-season and for his professionalism while this process has been resolved."

WTF is that about? looks like the Tories are in charge!

Waiting from the new guy to come in rather than trying to get the old guy out of the door. Never seen it done like that before.

Dr. Winston said:
JackBaston said:

Potter's season was a cracking rollercoaster. We were a decent attacking side but Potter's huge problem which he failed to address all season was defending crosses in to the box. Any time the opposition had a corner, freekick or throw-in anywhere near 18 yards out it was almost inevitable we would concede - it happened early in games and late in games - and for all the love he got VdH was absolute pants under Potter. It was still a million times better than anything Cooper served up though.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back