• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Colour Fence

Niigata Jack

Roger Freestone
Reaction score
Anyone got them? had a chap out yesterday to give us a quote, not as cheap as wood, but much longer lasting and virtually maintenance free.

Darran said:
Build a wall.

Whatever I build it'll never be as solid as the one between your ears :lol:

Bit the bullet and paid deposit now anyway, can't build a wall anyway be major works to do that, 6ft x 4ft panels to go between rockface block pillars

There's a house very close to Clyne Woods that has these. I think they look ace.

Can you give us a price comparison, Max? How much more expensive?

I’m about to pull the trigger on replacing fencing lost during Eunice but I’m not completely convinced on the option of replacing like for like; it’s certain that wood will rot over time and the annual painting is one of those jobs that I detest.

Cooperman said:

I’m about to pull the trigger on replacing fencing lost during Eunice but I’m not completely convinced on the option of replacing like for like; it’s certain that wood will rot over time and the annual painting is one of those jobs that I detest.

Make sure you have a good look at them. It's very personal - I was tempted but it just didn't look right. The posts will still rot won't they or are they also rust free metal?

monmouth said:
Cooperman said:

Make sure you have a good look at them. It's very personal - I was tempted but it just didn't look right. The posts will still rot won't they or are they also rust free metal?

I also don’t buy this ‘maintenance free’ statement. We live in a heavily wooded area and the wooden fence turns green over the course of each winter, I would expect metal to discolour as well.

Surely Bryn can asks his garage door mate for some advice for you?

Its your money Coops, but i'm with you on this, they will still go green and dirty, the paint with suffer from UV fading, and metal rusts if the coating used isn't spot on. Timber is far more natural looking. I put up a timber close boarded fence, bolted to existing concrete posts, 20 odd years ago, used Ronseal Fencelife on it every other year, still going strong, not even Eunice could kill it. :)

Jack2jack said:
Its your money Coops, but i'm with you on this, they will still go green and dirty, the paint with suffer from UV fading, and metal rusts if the coating used isn't spot on. Timber is far more natural looking. I put up a timber close boarded fence, bolted to existing concrete posts, 20 odd years ago, used Ronseal Fencelife on it every other year, still going strong, not even Eunice could kill it. :)

Yeah I think I’m with you. I’ll go with replacing the wood panels but put new concrete posts in instead of wood. Plus fence painting is meant to be a pink job in our house, she does a good job of it too.

Cooperman said:
Jack2jack said:

Yeah I think I’m with you. I’ll go with replacing the wood panels but put new concrete posts in instead of wood. Plus fence painting is meant to be a pink job in our house, she does a good job of it too.
Sounds good, also if the concrete posts are on show give em a lick of Fencelife, it takes well on concrete. i've done it in the past, on our side of a neighbour's fence, just to camouflage it like. Good luck with it anyway

Slight difference but we needed new wooden fencing and I wasn't paying £95 a panel and then her not liking them.
Discovered that the local auction sold some from time to time. They were 'Grange' and had 25 year warranties when new which they basically still were. I ended up buying them 1 or 2 a week for around a tenner each over a couple of months, the plan being we could see what they looked like and paint them various colours until we were happy before pushing the button on the full price new ones.
Anyway, she's happy as they are so it's cost me about a £150 instead of over a thousand. Boom.
Ended up going with straight tops rather than our initial choice of curved ones, and a completely different colour, after seeing what they looked like in situ so happy all around. I love a good bargain.

monmouth said:
Cooperman said:

He says in his post that the panels are on rock face blocks.

Neath_Jack said:
monmouth said:

Correct NJ, short rock face walls in between rock face pillars, the sides of the pillars are nice and flat, so purpose made pillars bolted on those faces then a panel 1800mm x 900mm with a 1800mm x 300mm trellis panel above, making up the panels to 1800 x 1200mm

https://colourfence.co.uk/franchise/cardiff/

Neath_Jack said:
monmouth said:

I was replying to Coops.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back