• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Connor Roberts - Sheff Utd

• Thread starter Risc
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 22
  • Views: Views 7,542

Risc

Alan Curtis
Reaction score
Linked.

Would make sense as they play wing backs I believe.

Might suggest why we are rumoured to be looking at Kieran Freeman.

TBF his toys went out of the pram when James got a big move and he didn't.
Hopefully, if it comes off, he'll find the form he showed two seasons ago and be happier on the pitch.
Wing back suits him.

Connor is overrated but may do well in a team more comfortable in possession than we are and who get bodies in to the box.

The amount of grief he gets off his own fans I wouldn’t be surprised if he moved to another championship club if he doesn’t get a move to the PL.

Decent player whose passion is wrongly slated by fans, the majority will be moaning when he’s doing a decent job for another club & Wales.

PencoedJack said:
The amount of grief he gets off his own fans I wouldn’t be surprised if he moved to another championship club if he doesn’t get a move to the PL.

Decent player whose passion is wrongly slated by fans, the majority will be moaning when he’s doing a decent job for another club & Wales.

Great post, a home grown youngster we need to build with.

Connor is better than most defenders in the championship, he is versatile and has shown this over the comeback games, to say he is anything other than a positive for our club is madness.

Cops too much unwarranted stuck. Home grown and plays with his heart on his sleeve. I wish half our team had half his passion.
Gives plenty of attacking runs forward and not afraid to put his body on the line. He is a decent player and would love to keep him.

Really nice guy with plenty of time for the fans. Always high 5ing the mascots which shows he knows where his roots are.

I'd be doing everything we can to keep him.YJB

Its no surprise that CR plays his best football for Wales.

Quality players around him brings his best game to the table.

Would be a massive loss if he went to Sheff Utd, but could anybody blame him.

PencoedJack said:

I agree. Has come into his own as wing back and was totally knackered under the former 4-5-1 system as there was never a winger ahead of him as Ayew or Dyer always drifted into middle of park. Always does his best and is home grown. If he goes I guarantee the Yanks will bring in lesser quality.

Swanjaxs said:
Its no surprise that CR plays his best football for Wales.

Quality players around him brings his best game to the table.

Would be a massive loss if he went to Sheff Utd, but could anybody blame him.

Going for the parties with Ollie should be enough of a draw, let alone playing Premiership football again.

Good player.

Get rid of Naughton and Routledge, bring in better. Move on.

TNT said:
Good player.

Get rid of Naughton and Routledge, bring in better. Move on.

We have extended the contract of one and I hope we are able to do the same with the second.

PencoedJack said:

Good post, particularly the second paragraph.

PencoedJack said:

Decent but Championship standard at best I’d say. Struggles to stop a cross or put in a cross, but that may have been different if we’d had a McBurnie or someone similar to gamble on getting in to the box.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back