• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Covid 19

Mostly asymptomatic or low risk cases as a result of more rigorous testing. Be sensible, but don't be afraid.

Cases rising - a completely meaningless statistic when quoted on its own.

Dr. Winston said:
Mostly asymptomatic or low risk cases as a result of more rigorous testing. Be sensible, but don't be afraid.

Wise words. Absolutely correct

I feel sorry for the youngsters, can you imagine being stuck in the house in the 80s/90s with a full ball bag, for 6 ferking months and counting.. :(

Dr. Winston said:

Why would testing determine how sick you get? Testing just confirms you have it or not.It may prevent you passing it on, but it won't have any bearing on how severe you get it.Testing, isn't some magic wand

controversial_jack said:
Dr. Winston said:

Why would testing determine how sick you get? Testing just confirms you have it or not.It may prevent you passing it on, but it won't have any bearing on how severe you get it.Testing, isn't some magic wand

The rise in positive cases is down to increased testing you plum.

BanosSwan said:
controversial_jack said:

The relative percentage of positives also appear to be be increasing- from 0.7 per 1000 tested to 1.4. It is rising but still very low and regional

Professor said:
BanosSwan said:

The relative percentage of positives also appear to be be increasing- from 0.7 per 1000 tested to 1.4. It is rising but still very low and regional

What's your opinion of this professor? I saw it the other day, and I was meaning to ask your thoughts on it, but I couldn't find it, but now I have.

https://pieceofmindful.com/2020/04/06/bombshell-who-coronavirus-pcr-test-primer-sequence-is-found-in-all-human-dna/amp/

jack123 said:
Professor said:

What's your opinion of this professor? I saw it the other day, and I was meaning to ask your thoughts on it, but I couldn't find it, but now I have.

https://pieceofmindful.com/2020/04/06/bombshell-who-coronavirus-pcr-test-primer-sequence-is-found-in-all-human-dna/amp/
Technical explanation- PCR uses two primers that copy DNA (in the case of Covid the RNA genome is copied to DNA first-called reverse transcription). The primers match to the sequence to initiate a copy. Both have to match- each cycle makes two copies amplifying the target. In the type of PCR used here (qPCR) there is a third probe sequence bound to a fluorescent dye. Each time the sequence is copied (by an enzyme called DNA polymerase) some dye is released. The more target (virus) present, the more fluorescence- more signal.
All three primers and probes have to match the target.
All match Covid (or more correctly SARS CoV2). One matches human. A human DNA sequence will be negative

Simple explanation-complete and utter bulls**t

jack123 said:
I feel sorry for the youngsters, can you imagine being stuck in the house in the 80s/90s with a full ball bag, for 6 ferking months and counting.. :(

Exactly, can you imagine the amount of ruined socks.

sainthelens said:
jack123 said:

Exactly, can you imagine the amount of ruined socks.

Helps moisturise the feet.

Professor said:
jack123 said:

Technical explanation- PCR uses two primers that copy DNA (in the case of Covid the RNA genome is copied to DNA first-called reverse transcription). The primers match to the sequence to initiate a copy. Both have to match- each cycle makes two copies amplifying the target. In the type of PCR used here (qPCR) there is a third probe sequence bound to a fluorescent dye. Each time the sequence is copied (by an enzyme called DNA polymerase) some dye is released. The more target (virus) present, the more fluorescence- more signal.
All three primers and probes have to match the target.
All match Covid (or more correctly SARS CoV2). One matches human. A human DNA sequence will be negative

Simple explanation-complete and utter bulls**t

Thank you for that, Iv'e seen it a few times now, I was guessing it was rubbish.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back