• Thank you very much | Diolch yn fawr

    All at JackArmy.net would like to thank everyone who has played a part on this site over the past 25 years whether that is through writing, contributing, moderating, posting or just visting and reading.

    Without any of you the work that has gone into the site would have been pointless and we will always be proud that we built, generated and managed a community that was such a big part of the Swansea City supporting life for so long.

    It has been a pleasure to bring to you the site for so long but the time is now right to turn the lights out for the last time but we do it both with a heavy heart and a sense of pride driven by the so many messages received since we announced the closure.

    The site will remain here for a period until we archive and mothball it for the last time later this summer but all aspects are in a read only format.

    Thank you though for all the memories

    Phil Sumbler
    Owner, jackarmy.net

Covid 19

  • Thread starter Thread starter Builthjack
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 12
  • Views Views: Views 3,513
Mostly asymptomatic or low risk cases as a result of more rigorous testing. Be sensible, but don't be afraid.
 
Cases rising - a completely meaningless statistic when quoted on its own.
 
Dr. Winston said:
Mostly asymptomatic or low risk cases as a result of more rigorous testing. Be sensible, but don't be afraid.

Wise words. Absolutely correct
 
I feel sorry for the youngsters, can you imagine being stuck in the house in the 80s/90s with a full ball bag, for 6 ferking months and counting.. :(
 
Dr. Winston said:
Mostly asymptomatic or low risk cases as a result of more rigorous testing. Be sensible, but don't be afraid.

Why would testing determine how sick you get? Testing just confirms you have it or not.It may prevent you passing it on, but it won't have any bearing on how severe you get it.Testing, isn't some magic wand
 
controversial_jack said:
Dr. Winston said:
Mostly asymptomatic or low risk cases as a result of more rigorous testing. Be sensible, but don't be afraid.

Why would testing determine how sick you get? Testing just confirms you have it or not.It may prevent you passing it on, but it won't have any bearing on how severe you get it.Testing, isn't some magic wand

The rise in positive cases is down to increased testing you plum.
 
BanosSwan said:
controversial_jack said:
Why would testing determine how sick you get? Testing just confirms you have it or not.It may prevent you passing it on, but it won't have any bearing on how severe you get it.Testing, isn't some magic wand

The rise in positive cases is down to increased testing you plum.

The relative percentage of positives also appear to be be increasing- from 0.7 per 1000 tested to 1.4. It is rising but still very low and regional
 
Professor said:
BanosSwan said:
The rise in positive cases is down to increased testing you plum.

The relative percentage of positives also appear to be be increasing- from 0.7 per 1000 tested to 1.4. It is rising but still very low and regional

What's your opinion of this professor? I saw it the other day, and I was meaning to ask your thoughts on it, but I couldn't find it, but now I have.

https://pieceofmindful.com/2020/04/06/bombshell-who-coronavirus-pcr-test-primer-sequence-is-found-in-all-human-dna/amp/
 
jack123 said:
Professor said:
The relative percentage of positives also appear to be be increasing- from 0.7 per 1000 tested to 1.4. It is rising but still very low and regional

What's your opinion of this professor? I saw it the other day, and I was meaning to ask your thoughts on it, but I couldn't find it, but now I have.

https://pieceofmindful.com/2020/04/06/bombshell-who-coronavirus-pcr-test-primer-sequence-is-found-in-all-human-dna/amp/
Technical explanation- PCR uses two primers that copy DNA (in the case of Covid the RNA genome is copied to DNA first-called reverse transcription). The primers match to the sequence to initiate a copy. Both have to match- each cycle makes two copies amplifying the target. In the type of PCR used here (qPCR) there is a third probe sequence bound to a fluorescent dye. Each time the sequence is copied (by an enzyme called DNA polymerase) some dye is released. The more target (virus) present, the more fluorescence- more signal.
All three primers and probes have to match the target.
All match Covid (or more correctly SARS CoV2). One matches human. A human DNA sequence will be negative

Simple explanation-complete and utter bulls**t
 
jack123 said:
I feel sorry for the youngsters, can you imagine being stuck in the house in the 80s/90s with a full ball bag, for 6 ferking months and counting.. :(

Exactly, can you imagine the amount of ruined socks.
 
sainthelens said:
jack123 said:
I feel sorry for the youngsters, can you imagine being stuck in the house in the 80s/90s with a full ball bag, for 6 ferking months and counting.. :(

Exactly, can you imagine the amount of ruined socks.

Helps moisturise the feet.
 
Professor said:
jack123 said:
What's your opinion of this professor? I saw it the other day, and I was meaning to ask your thoughts on it, but I couldn't find it, but now I have.

https://pieceofmindful.com/2020/04/06/bombshell-who-coronavirus-pcr-test-primer-sequence-is-found-in-all-human-dna/amp/
Technical explanation- PCR uses two primers that copy DNA (in the case of Covid the RNA genome is copied to DNA first-called reverse transcription). The primers match to the sequence to initiate a copy. Both have to match- each cycle makes two copies amplifying the target. In the type of PCR used here (qPCR) there is a third probe sequence bound to a fluorescent dye. Each time the sequence is copied (by an enzyme called DNA polymerase) some dye is released. The more target (virus) present, the more fluorescence- more signal.
All three primers and probes have to match the target.
All match Covid (or more correctly SARS CoV2). One matches human. A human DNA sequence will be negative

Simple explanation-complete and utter bulls**t

Thank you for that, Iv'e seen it a few times now, I was guessing it was rubbish.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top