• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Covid at Swansea University

I spoke on the phone in the week with a concerned parent, whose son was telling him that his peers were inviting 10-20 people into their rooms on a regular basis.

We could see this coming a mile off, so could the unions. It’s not a surprise.

Ah those pesky borders again, letting students in from the far flung corners of Europe.
And don't get me started about these fvcking plums, who need a break in the sun, and going on holiday. Mind you fair play they've stopped me from going 1 mile up the road to get a paper, cos it's in the next county, yeah well done, FFS, you couldn't make this sh!t up mind.
I've said from day one, the UK borders should have been shut, end of, but yet they are still open.

I came in for a fair amount of criticism for suggesting that any students found to be flouting lockdown rules should have their course revoked and be sent home,this proves my point.
Nobody is suggesting they live like monks, but just respect the health and well-being of the community they are living in.

Ask yourself this, would they be so irresponsible if they were putting the health of thier loved ones at risk by refusing to act responsibly...

Swanjaxs said:
Ask yourself this, would they be so irresponsible if they were putting the health of thier loved ones at risk by refusing to act responsibly...

Probably yea, you think you're invincible at that age

MrSwerve said:
I spoke on the phone in the week with a concerned parent, whose son was telling him that his peers were inviting 10-20 people into their rooms on a regular basis.

If the unions could see it a mile off, they should have been present when all the plans were being made through the summer. But they weren't. They were totally silent and only popped up at the last minute the week before the students went back.

Rates at the Uni are lower that rates in the city so far. Only by a small amount, but that proves it's not a problem in itself. (Not that I think any Unis should have gone back).

LeonWasTheDog's said:
MrSwerve said:

If the unions could see it a mile off, they should have been present when all the plans were being made through the summer. But they weren't. They were totally silent and only popped up at the last minute the week before the students went back.

Rates at the Uni are lower that rates in the city so far. Only by a small amount, but that proves it's not a problem in itself. (Not that I think any Unis should have gone back).

I must admit (and I brought this up at the time) the UCU was strangely quiet in the week leading up to the start of term. I can only assume that they were biding their time, as they went crazy once the students got back. Not ideal.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back