• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Covid vaccine rollout.

Garyjack

First Team Player
Reaction score
Am wondering where the more 'mature' posters on here stand on this. The reason i'm asking is that yesterday i had a call from my surgery offering me a first dose on Saturday. I'm 56, yet i spoke with a good friend of mine who lives a few hundred yards away from me and is 63, and he has heard nothing from his surgery! It all seems a tad inconsistent.

Are you in Swansea, Gary?

My wife is 63 and hasn’t heard anything but wasn’t expecting to for about three weeks anyway.

J_B said:

My wife is 63 and hasn’t heard anything but wasn’t expecting to for about three weeks anyway.

Yes. Penllergaer.

Garyjack said:
J_B said:

Yes. Penllergaer.

That makes you group 8 I think unless you have a health condition like diabetes or severe asthma which puts you up to group 6 which they are doing now.

Am 55, not heard anything, and didn't think I would till March 28th.

J_B said:
Garyjack said:
Yes. Penllergaer.

That makes you group 8 I think unless you have a health condition like diabetes or severe asthma which puts you up to group 6 which they are doing now.

No health conditions at all, not even on any prescribed medication thankfully.

Garyjack said:
J_B said:

Hi Gary, I am 66 & had my first jab last Friday. My wife is 63 & has heard nothing at all.

My Sister is 61 & had her letter on Monday. I reckon it's the old postcode lottery.

I am in Resolven but had to go to Margam for my jab

Resolvenjack said:
Garyjack said:

Hi Gary, I am 66 & had my first jab last Friday. My wife is 63 & has heard nothing at all.

My Sister is 61 & had her letter on Monday. I reckon it's the old postcode lottery.

I am in Resolven but had to go to Margam for my jab

Yes it could well be, either that or each surgery is getting 'x' amount of vaccines instead of the amount of vaccines they have for each patient in the age group that are being offered the vaccine, which then is leaving some surgeries short, and some with a surplus, which is wrong in my eyes. I'm still taking it though! :D

I thought they were on to the 40 and over group by now

Looks like if you are over 60 then you can book your vaccine online.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/

magicdaps10 said:
Looks like if you are over 60 then you can book your vaccine online.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/

Only works in England.

Could be postcode driven, could be something simple like alphabetical order within an age group. Who knows?

On the whole I’d say that Gething and co have got this well organised so I’m not going to take a mark off them.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back