• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Covid vaccine rollout.

I had full blown COVID in Dec with the full blown symptoms as described by a Darren but the vaccine had no side effects on me.

Garyjack said:
exiledclaseboy said:
That’ll be it then. She’s in her fourth year of remission. Although actually it’s over four years since the tumour was removed. But they measure remission from the date of the last treatment I think.

It's certainly from last treatment.

It’ll be five years in August 2022 then. Another scan up soon. They’re always terrifying.

Pacemaker said:
I had full blown COVID in Dec with the full blown symptoms as described by a Darren but the vaccine had no side effects on me.

If you’ve had both Covid and the vaccine you’re basically superman now.

I've been told that some NHS staff who've had the second vaccine have felt unwell afterwards, symptoms include being sick, feeling shivery and even forgetfulness.

Despite this everyone was fine a day or 2 later so no need to be alarmed. The "everyone was fine later" is a bit scaremongers won't tell you.

It's a good thing and family members are in good health, both those who have had 1 or the 2 jabs.
I'm 44 this year and have heard nothing yet, and wasn't expecting to until July

Garyjack said:
Am wondering where the more 'mature' posters on here stand on this. The reason i'm asking is that yesterday i had a call from my surgery offering me a first dose on Saturday. I'm 56, yet i spoke with a good friend of mine who lives a few hundred yards away from me and is 63, and he has heard nothing from his surgery! It all seems a tad inconsistent.

It's surgery dependent as they are managing their lists and administering the doses they get. My neighbour will have the pleasure of being injected by my missus this week and he's 58. I, with a different surgery, have heard naff all and am 62. The rollout is being run by the health boards and NHS Wales, not the government, I'm told.

exiledclaseboy said:
Pacemaker said:

If you’ve had both Covid and the vaccine you’re basically superman now.

Yes, I guess on this variant I should be ok, I did ask when I will have the 2nd dose and the nurse replied when we get supplied, it still seems a bit sketchy on the delivery front.

dickythorpe said:
I've been told that some NHS staff who've had the second vaccine have felt unwell afterwards, symptoms include being sick, feeling shivery and even forgetfulness.

Despite this everyone was fine a day or 2 later so no need to be alarmed. The "everyone was fine later" is a bit scaremongers won't tell you.

It's a good thing and family members are in good health, both those who have had 1 or the 2 jabs.
I'm 44 this year and have heard nothing yet, and wasn't expecting to until July

My wife has had both doses Dicky. First dose just made her very tired for a day, the second dose has caused a few issues - nothing disastrous, at least yet, mostly pain in her shoulder, and some unpleasant feelings, and she says that is common amongst those she knows that have had the second dose (worse symptoms than the first).

Pacemaker said:
Darran said:
Being serious though I had the jab a few weeks ago.
I thought I was going to die about six hours later.
I started shivering,then it was extreme shivering more like shaking,my teeth were chattering so wildly I thought my teeth were going to come out.
I laid on the bed fully clothed and slept for ten hours. :lol:

What version did you have

Oxford.

Garyjack said:
Am wondering where the more 'mature' posters on here stand on this. The reason i'm asking is that yesterday i had a call from my surgery offering me a first dose on Saturday. I'm 56, yet i spoke with a good friend of mine who lives a few hundred yards away from me and is 63, and he has heard nothing from his surgery! It all seems a tad inconsistent.

He should call them up an query it. There’s bound to be mistakes with such a huge programme. On the. It looks like it’s been very successful so far.

Monty said:
I thought they were on to the 40 and over group by now

April 4th to May 4th is the proposed slot for me.

Stick your details in the omni calculator.

https://www.omnicalculator.com/health/vaccine-queue-uk

monmouth said:
Garyjack said:

It's surgery dependent as they are managing their lists and administering the doses they get. My neighbour will have the pleasure of being injected by my missus this week and he's 58. I, with a different surgery, have heard naff all and am 62. The rollout is being run by the health boards and NHS Wales, not the government, I'm told.

I don't know about how it's organised in Wales but around where I am, there are a few medical centres who are going though their lists in the prescribed priority order but as they don't have a lot of registered patients, when they've finished jabbing one group they just move onto the next. I know of several people in their early 40s who have already had #1.

Mrs ECB was given her second jab appointment at the same time as having her first jab this morning. Very well organised by Cwmfelin surgery at Pentrehafod school she said.

exiledclaseboy said:
Mrs ECB was given her second jab appointment at the same time as having her first jab this morning. Very well organised by Cwmfelin surgery at Pentrehafod school she said.

I booked my first jab online and had to book the 2nd at the same time which I thought was a very efficient process so glad to see medical centres in Wales doing the same.

I have had both my vaccines now, first one fine, second one I had yesterday and feel like absolutely sh!te since.

Swansea93 said:
I have had both my vaccines now, first one fine, second one I had yesterday and feel like absolutely sh!te since.

Similar here. Spent 20 hours in bed after the second dose. The Mrs and our neighbour who had them at the same time were fine.

I didn't really feel ill, just totally knackered.

Oh, and it feels like there's a tennis ball under my armpit.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back