• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Covid vaccine rollout.

Cooperman said:
Could be postcode driven, could be something simple like alphabetical order within an age group. Who knows?

On the whole I’d say that Gething and co have got this well organised so I’m not going to take a mark off them.

Agree with that Coops 👍

Garyjack said:
Am wondering where the more 'mature' posters on here stand on this. The reason i'm asking is that yesterday i had a call from my surgery offering me a first dose on Saturday. I'm 56, yet i spoke with a good friend of mine who lives a few hundred yards away from me and is 63, and he has heard nothing from his surgery! It all seems a tad inconsistent.

My Mrs has got hers on Saturday. She’s 51 so I assume her medical history has had a part to play.

exiledclaseboy said:
Garyjack said:
Am wondering where the more 'mature' posters on here stand on this. The reason i'm asking is that yesterday i had a call from my surgery offering me a first dose on Saturday. I'm 56, yet i spoke with a good friend of mine who lives a few hundred yards away from me and is 63, and he has heard nothing from his surgery! It all seems a tad inconsistent.

My Mrs has got hers on Saturday. She’s 51 so I assume her medical history has had a part to play.

Younger than you then.

I am in Baglan had mine this week 59 but I have a underlying condition. My GP surgery rang and it was a very straightforward procedure with the Astra Zeneca vaccine.

My father had his ages ago but my mates father who lives in the same area, is a little older and a patient of a different surgery only had his 2 weeks ago as I believe they were focussing on the “urban” practices. There are definitely issues around supply and demand, a couple of weeks ago Drakers mentioned there was going to be a reduction in supply for a few weeks and that vaccination numbers would drop off before picking up again.

Being serious though I had the jab a few weeks ago.
I thought I was going to die about six hours later.
I started shivering,then it was extreme shivering more like shaking,my teeth were chattering so wildly I thought my teeth were going to come out.
I laid on the bed fully clothed and slept for ten hours. :lol:

There’s a mass vaccination day at Pentrehafod School on Saturday so I’d imagine a good few Swansea surgeries will be involved in that.

exiledclaseboy said:
Darran said:
Younger than you then.

I’m not even 50. I’m her toy boy.

If she hasn't had the all clear (5 years) from her cancer then she will be on the vulnerable list mate. Sometimes it can be permanent if there's been more than one diagnosis.

Darran said:
I started shivering,then it was extreme shivering more like shaking,my teeth were chattering so wildly I thought my teeth were going to come out.

What version did you have

Garyjack said:
exiledclaseboy said:
I’m not even 50. I’m her toy boy.

If she hasn't had the all clear (5 years) from her cancer then she will be on the vulnerable list mate. Sometimes it can be permanent if there's been more than one diagnosis.

That’ll be it then. She’s in her fourth year of remission. Although actually it’s over four years since the tumour was removed. But they measure remission from the date of the last treatment I think.

exiledclaseboy said:
Garyjack said:

That’ll be it then. She’s in her fourth year of remission. Although actually it’s over four years since the tumour was removed. But they measure remission from the date of the last treatment I think.

It's certainly from last treatment.

Darran said:

Read somewhere that boffins are starting to think that a strong reaction to the first dose of vaccine may be a sign that you've previously had Covid and been asymptomatic, as the general belief was shot #2 would provoke the heftier response. In effect, shot #1 acts like #2 to someone already exposed to it.

My mother had a bad 24 hours after getting hers. Considering her other half tested positive but asymptomatic in October I'd be amazed if she hadn't picked it up as well.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back