• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Cyrus Christie / Adam Reach

Adam Reach has always struck me as a decent player. I remember all the tutting when we signed Leroy Fer. I liked that signing and I hope we sign Reach.

Didn't mind Christie when he was here. But that was 2 years ago.
Any news on the lesser spotted Ginnelly?
Ginnelly will be out for a while. I believe I read on Swans Independent a few weeks ago that it's looking like January onwards. Personally I can't see him coming back for a long time, which is massive shame and hope I am wrong.

We didn’t offer Cyrus a deal last time because our ownership said he was too old, now we’re potentially signing him 2 years later.

Ginnelly will be out for a while. I believe I read on Swans Independent a few weeks ago that it's looking like January onwards. Personally I can't see him coming back for a long time, which is massive shame and hope I am wrong.
Yea NewsNow were reporting January a couple of months ago...

Better off signing Tony Christie...
Or Christie Brinkley

And as for the other one, wasn't he so crap that his own team's fans called him Adam Reacharound? To be fair though, I ddon't know anything about him at all.

It has to be true doesn't it, that if they were any good, they wouldn't be hawking themselves about like this. Plus isn't it goalscorers and pace that we need?

Or Christie Brinkley

And as for the other one, wasn't he so crap that his own team's fans called him Adam Reacharound? To be fair though, I ddon't know anything about him at all.

It has to be true doesn't it, that if they were any good, they wouldn't be hawking themselves about like this. Plus isn't it goalscorers and pace that we need?
A couple of 30 something journeymen desperately trying to find one last payday.

The next level.

Adam Reach has always struck me as a decent player. I remember all the tutting when we signed Leroy Fer. I liked that signing and I hope we sign Reach.
My main recollection of Reach was that he made a bit of a name for himself by regularly scoring from outside the box when he was with Sheff Weds. Not sure if he's done much of that lately but can't remember the last player we had who did much of that, Ayew or Brewster occasionally maybe, but that sort of thing hasn't exactly been encouraged by recent managers, much better to play 20 passes around the edge of the opponent's box before losing possession than actually have a shot at goal.

My main recollection of Reach was that he made a bit of a name for himself by regularly scoring from outside the box when he was with Sheff Weds. Not sure if he's done much of that lately but can't remember the last player we had who did much of that, Ayew or Brewster occasionally maybe, but that sort of thing hasn't exactly been encouraged by recent managers, much better to play 20 passes around the edge of the opponent's box before losing possession than actually have a shot at goal.
Piroe maybe? I seem to remember a good few of his goals were from the edge of the 18-yard box.

If you're thinking of goals from a longer distance than that, I'm struggling to think of anyone. Gylfi got a few long-range free-kicks, but not so many from open play.

Shoot, you c****s

Anyone else prefer we looked at our youth set up rather than waste more money on these type of signings?

There's a reason they aren't with clubs in October.

Anyone else prefer we looked at our youth set up rather than waste more money on these type of signings?

There's a reason they aren't with clubs in October.
Obviously the coaches/manager know more about the youth players than we do, but I agree with you.

Most of the recent young players who have been given a proper run in the team have gone on to establish themselves - Cabango, Cullen, Cooper. Congreve and Abdulai have not been given a run in their actual positions.

Obviously not all young players are as ready for the first team as Ben Davies was when Taylor got injured, but imagine how different things might have been for us and Wales had Laudrup not trusted in youth and picked up a free agent veteran instead?

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back