• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Cyrus Christie / Adam Reach

Obviously the coaches/manager know more about the youth players than we do, but I agree with you.

Most of the recent young players who have been given a proper run in the team have gone on to establish themselves - Cabango, Cullen, Cooper. Congreve and Abdulai have not been given a run in their actual positions.

Obviously not all young players are as ready for the first team as Ben Davies was when Taylor got injured, but imagine how different things might have been for us and Wales had Laudrup not trusted in youth and picked up a free agent veteran instead?
We'll never know if they aren't given the chance.

Ben Davies is a brilliant example of a player who took his opportunity. At the time he was the only option we had a left back and the rest is history as they say.

I'd much prefer we threw some in the deep end rather than spunk money we don't allegedly have on these players we're talking about.

Imagine playing a Goviea or Parker last season instead of a Yanik Bolasie.

Cyrus is an excellent asset to have, at the right price. Brings maturity, nous and leadership - off and on the park.

He could easily play the deep CDM role that Matty is forced to, allowing both him and Franky to push on. And boss our shaky defence.

One of quite a few to stand up to Martin and talk sense into him.

Cyrus is an excellent asset to have, at the right price. Brings maturity, nous and leadership - off and on the park.

He could easily play the deep CDM role that Matty is forced to, allowing both him and Franky to push on. And boss our shaky defence.

One of quite a few to stand up to Martin and talk sense into him.
I have no doubt as an individual that Christie would be a good asset and able to cover right back, Centre half and even midfield at a push.
Issue I have is that we have Key, Naughton, Parker and Abdullai able to play at right back and Darling, Cabango, Abbey and Pedersen as centre backs.
Unless we are looking to offload Pedersen or Tjoe a on between now and January then I see the Christie signing as various other previous signings as a pointless money wasting one.

Arguably we are thin on numbers but bringing in players in positions where we are well stocked even as cover in Midfield where we have Grimes, Allen, Fulton, Franco and Abdullai all capable of playing there is just another head scratcher and just escalates the concern further with the people running the club.

I have no doubt as an individual that Christie would be a good asset and able to cover right back, Centre half and even midfield at a push.
Issue I have is that we have Key, Naughton, Parker and Abdullai able to play at right back and Darling, Cabango, Abbey and Pedersen as centre backs.
Unless we are looking to offload Pedersen or Tjoe a on between now and January then I see the Christie signing as various other previous signings as a pointless money wasting one.

Arguably we are thin on numbers but bringing in players in positions where we are well stocked even as cover in Midfield where we have Grimes, Allen, Fulton, Franco and Abdullai all capable of playing there is just another head scratcher and just escalates the concern further with the people running the club.
Couldn't have summed that up any better.

Having Christie on trial is a head scratcher unless he's suddenly turned in to a 20 goal a season striker.

Presumably*, this implies we're liking the look of them and want to integrate them into the squad before finalising any offers?

*This is Swansea City in 2024, we're discussing

Presumably*, this implies we're liking the look of them and want to integrate them into the squad before finalising any offers?

*This is Swansea City in 2024, we're discussing

Lets hope there's decent offers for Cullen, Cabango and Darling too.

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back