• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Dan James

Ringwood Jack

Tommy Hutchison
Reaction score
Arguably struggled to hold down a place in the prem with three clubs. Is his future in the Championship?

A season in championship will do him good. Fancy Leeds to get top 2.

I can see them winning the division tbh.
Keeping players like gnotto aaronson and they're spending, they haven't lost many either. Hope I'm wrong though

Birchgrovejack said:
I can see them winning the division tbh.
Keeping players like gnotto aaronson and they're spending, they haven't lost many either. Hope I'm wrong though

Aaronson has gone to Union Berlin on loan. Few others have gone to Roma on loan and Rodrygo has gone as well.

But they still have plenty to be able to compete at the top in this division. Ampadu will be immense in the Championship.

Chief said:
Aaronson has gone to Union Berlin on loan. Few others have gone to Roma on loan and Rodrygo has gone as well.

But they still have plenty to be able to compete at the top in this division. Ampadu will be immense in the Championship.

I've only ever seen Ampadu play for Wales. Obviously he's been highly-rated for a long time, but has he actually ever played well anywhere?

JackSomething said:
I've only ever seen Ampadu play for Wales. Obviously he's been highly-rated for a long time, but has he actually ever played well anywhere?

I’m the same, considering he was being blown up to be a star in the making…

If offered him or Downes for example, it most certainly wouldn’t be a hard choice.

Average player at best from what I’ve seen.

Chief said:

Ampadu has never once impressed me when I have watched him, I have never understood the hype around him personally.

Neath_Jack said:
I’m the same, considering he was being blown up to be a star in the making…

If offered him or Downes for example, it most certainly wouldn’t be a hard choice.

Average player at best from what I’ve seen.

Can't say I've watched many Spezia and Venezia games over the past two years, but whatever I've watched him, he's decent enough player but loses his discipline - both fouling and overcommitting to inceptions - too much. He has had three consecutive relegations so hopefully he can keep that run up this year.

I think the expectations around him were unrealistic. Most boys who debut at 15-17 get hyped to the heavens, especially if they're home grown or local players, but the reality is that most of them won't turn into worldbeaters.

For me, without a ball being kicked, Leeds and Leicester have to be front runners, and I'm expecting James to more or less pick up from where he left off with us. Southampton have furcked it up big style, first by going for the wrong man and secondly protracting the whole thing out to save what can only be described as pennies for a club in the first year of their parachute payments. Note, I deliberately call it the first year of parachute payments, because it won't be the last, because as we know with the process it's a slow, painful and ultimately fruitless endeavour. So, back to the point, James is going to rip it up at this level, particularly against teams following a process of kamakaze defending.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back