• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Daytime drinking in Swansea

Squarebear said:
I'm meeting an old friend tomorrow. It's his first visit. I'm not well-versed on Swansea's pubs so I've shortlisted a few for a 4 hour Saturday afternoon crawl but would appreciate anyone's input. We are gents of a certain age so it'll be more about comfortable surroundings and good beer than two-for-one cocktails and hen do's.

We are meeting at the train station.

* Copper
* Brewdog
* Riverhouse / Bar Americanos
* BeerRiff
* Pump House
* No Sign

There's four there I've never been in.
Any banana skins on that list? Any glaring omissions?

Cheers all.
To sit outside and have a pint in SA1, Riverhouse is fine, some great places for food there also, including Riverhouse, Italian - Possitanos, Good Indian there. Marco's is a bit pricey for what you get.

Sit outside the pumphouse, is a great location but feels dated a bit and food is very average. San Miguel on tap is a good pint there.

I agree that going up the tower for a pint is definitely the way to show off the city as a whole.

Sounds a good pub crawl, finish up in No sign bar and happy days.

Well. What can I say?

Copr - Brew Dog - Yacht Club - Beer Griff - Swigg - No Sign.

What a wonderful afternoon. My mate (as mentioned, first ever visit to Swansea) thought the place was bloody brilliant. We had an absolute bloody ball.

Thanks all for your suggestions / recommendations. There were a number of pubs we omitted due to time constraints but I hope to include them next time. What a belting afternoon.

Cheers all.

monmouth said:
Christ is the Queens still going? Brilliant. So many great pubs gone.

Used to get a lovely pint of Old Peculier in The Queens when I played darts there.

dickythorpe said:
Did you go to the Yacht club?

Damned right. Stop 3. I swear, Dicky, I'd never noticed it previously. But it was a great shout.

I felt bad ordering Gower Gold, but they didn't have too many options.

Squarebear said:
dickythorpe said:
Did you go to the Yacht club?

Damned right. Stop 3. I swear, Dicky, I'd never noticed it previously. But it was a great shout.

I felt bad ordering Gower Gold, but they didn't have too many options.
Great choice of beverage and that's what I have there.🤣
Did you sit upstairs on the outside balcony?
Kilvey Hill looks like Table Mountain!

Squarebear said:
Well. What can I say?

Copr - Brew Dog - Yacht Club - Beer Griff - Swigg - No Sign.

What a wonderful afternoon. My mate (as mentioned, first ever visit to Swansea) thought the place was bloody brilliant. We had an absolute bloody ball.

Thanks all for your suggestions / recommendations. There were a number of pubs we omitted due to time constraints but I hope to include them next time. What a belting afternoon.

Cheers all.

Wish I could post so eloquently after being on the lash all afternoon. :D

Glad you and your friend enjoyed.

Dr. Winston said:
dickythorpe said:
Is that Bar Riff still going in the marina?

Yes.
I had a lovely pint of Jaipur in there when they first opened.
I am glad to hear they have survived through the pandemic.

legoman said:
Samba said:
Swansea was amazing in the 80/90s(70s too from what I've been told) I had lads from Scotland, Newcastle, Midlands, all over Wales coming down even just for one night...but my daughter can't wait to move away from here 😬 I'm glad I grew up in the era I did.

Whereas I'd love to move back but we wouldn't want to be so far from the kids who are true "sarf easteners" now. I've even wondered about selling my gaff here and buying 2 small properties/flats one here and one back in Swansea but costs are eye watering

To be fair, I seem to recall thinking I couldn't wait to leave when I was younger, 25+ years in south london and I would love to move back

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back