• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

What are you drinking Xmas day?

Professor said:
airedale said:
I remember the days when your Gigondas and Vacqueyras etc were only slightly more expensive than cooking gear.

No ‘named’ Rhone is cheap now. Condrieu must be biggest turn around from a handful of vineyards of Viognier to a
wine competing with white burgundies on price

Just Googled Condrieu. Don’t know a lot about white, but my partner likes Viognier. In my (limited) experience though, to me Viognier surprises me as a varietal, I’ve always thought of it as a bit of scent.

Itchysphincter said:
Professor said:
Glass or two of Champagne. Then some Gervrey Chambertin with dinner. Polish that off and perhaps a Sauternes with some cheeses later.
I like my wines and push the boat out for the big
Day. All from Aldi though, but even there the burgundy was over 25 quid.

I love a nice white Burgundy. Today I’ve had a couple a Red Stripes and an Irish coffee after dinner, that’s been it all day but I’m going to have drop of Glenlivet Carribean blend later.

So do I. Had a glass of Petit-Chablis too. Camped in Mersault once. That is seriously good

Two bottles of SA Gold pre lunch. Glass of Muscadet with the starter then some Taittinger with the main course. Ending with 2 glasses of Cockburn's Fine Ruby port.

Luverly!

Bucks fizz, how do you make yours?

I always start boxing day with this "heartstarter"

This year it's Tropicana orange juice and Sainsbury's cremant de loire

Just got back...as suspected I was started on the presecco and after a few glasses I hinted at sharing a red and got an Argentine Malbec to carry on with. This was suplemented with a beer and later on we moved on to the port. Initially it was an M&S one which was rather sharp so we went on to another (make not known) and this went down well. Now at home with an Appleton Estates Signature rum but will soon switch to Peroni whilst me and the boss watch some tele on Netflix/Prime.

I've had a great day and I hope that everyone else has had as nice a day.

airedale said:
Professor said:
No ‘named’ Rhone is cheap now. Condrieu must be biggest turn around from a handful of vineyards of Viognier to a
wine competing with white burgundies on price

Just Googled Condrieu. Don’t know a lot about white, but my partner likes Viognier. In my (limited) experience though, to me Viognier surprises me as a varietal, I’ve always thought of it as a bit of scent.

It can be. Though condrieu and good Viognier are a bit like a flinty Chardonnay with a bit of dried apricot and honey. Have had a glass of Condrieu, but the Aussie Yalumba ‘Y’ series is excellent and quarter of the price. Important in the Rhone red blends to add some nose as you suggest.

Professor said:
Itchysphincter said:
I love a nice white Burgundy. Today I’ve had a couple a Red Stripes and an Irish coffee after dinner, that’s been it all day but I’m going to have drop of Glenlivet Carribean blend later.

So do I. Had a glass of Petit-Chablis too. Camped in Mersault once. That is seriously good

Bought a bottle of Mersault once, about 15 years ago, for a Xmas lunch at friends. Cost over £20 at Sainsbury’s, Sainsbury’s being the best bet for that kind of wine due to them being first out there. I drink wine often, almost entirely red, and enjoy occasionally wines which are (for the impoverished) of good quality. To this day that Mesault I had that Xmas is the finest wine I have ever drunk. I wonder sometimes what the wines that very rich can afford taste like.

My wife & I don't do Christmas Dinner and for the last few years we have taken a hamper full of goodies complete with ice packs, plates and cutlery and parked up on the beach for a picnic with a sea view. This year mine was accompanied by a nicely chilled Savignon Blanc. She drove us home.

DJack said:
Just got back...as suspected I was started on the presecco and after a few glasses I hinted at sharing a red and got an Argentine Malbec to carry on with. This was suplemented with a beer and later on we moved on to the port. Initially it was an M&S one which was rather sharp so we went on to another (make not known) and this went down well. Now at home with an Appleton Estates Signature rum but will soon switch to Peroni whilst me and the boss watch some tele on Netflix/Prime.

I've had a great day and I hope that everyone else has had as nice a day.

Appleton Estates Rum, that takes me back a few years, discovered it while working in the Caribbean in the late 60’s. Mixed with some ice and fresh lime juice...delightful.

karnataka said:
My wife & I don't do Christmas Dinner and for the last few years we have taken a hamper full of goodies complete with ice packs, plates and cutlery and parked up on the beach for a picnic with a sea view. This year mine was accompanied by a nicely chilled Savignon Blanc. She drove us home.

My Mrs likes Sauvignon Blanc. Her favourite is Villa Maria, a NZ wine. Costs about £9.50 but worth it apparently. Don’t know what it tastes like but it smells lovely.

airedale said:
karnataka said:

My Mrs likes Sauvignon Blanc. Her favourite is Villa Maria, a NZ wine. Costs about £9.50 but worth it apparently. Don’t know what it tastes like but it smells lovely.

It’s excellent. Good bang for your buck.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back