• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Does anyone think....

sainthelens

Roger Freestone
Reaction score
That the penalty shout for Wolves at Manure was a case if blatant cheating by officials?
Long time since I've seen anything as nailed on as that.

The referee taking charge of our game on Saturday blatantly cheated to give Stoke a penalty against us once. Replays showed he couldn't see Leon on the line yet gave a penalty for handball anyway.

Don't understand why Wolves didn't get a penalty mind. Looks like they treated it in the same way as a striker getting fouled after getting a shot away, they just ignore it.

They must have replayed it what, 30 times? Surely it was blatantly obvious after 2 or 3. I can only reach the conclusion that they were buying time while they looked for a reason not to give it.

VAR is bullshit. Next week you'll have an identical incident and they'll send the ref to the monitor. It's just absolute bollocks, they make it up as they go along. It's not adding any value to football whatsoever.

JackSomething said:
The referee taking charge of our game on Saturday blatantly cheated to give Stoke a penalty against us once. Replays showed he couldn't see Leon on the line yet gave a penalty for handball anyway.

Don't understand why Wolves didn't get a penalty mind. Looks like they treated it in the same way as a striker getting fouled after getting a shot away, they just ignore it.

Madley was bent that day. He not only gave the pen, but 3 or 4 ridiculous decisions leading up to the pen, including ordering a retake of the corner when they messed it up. Pedant alert…wasnt it Routs on the line?

monmouth said:
Madley was bent that day. He not only gave the pen, but 3 or 4 ridiculous decisions leading up to the pen, including ordering a retake of the corner when they messed it up. Pedant alert…wasnt it Routs on the line?

Yes it was Routs. The last 10 minutes or so of that game was just a series of incomprehensible refereeing decisions. He went out of the game for a few seasons but he’s back - I think his first visit to the Liberty since that match.

https://twitter.com/LeeMUFC7/status/1691340563142836224?s=19

This one wasn't given last season, the Wolves keeper doing exactly the same against Leeds.

Referees aren't corrupt or cheats, they just aren't very good.

Var and they still get a blatant decision wrong, that's not being not very good that's cheating

monmouth said:

I was there that night. I can honestly say that in over 50 years of watching football I’ve never seen anything like it before or since.

Longlostjack said:
I was there that night. I can honestly say that in over 50 years of watching football I’ve never seen anything like it before or since.

Agreed, but what happened to us at Fulham right at the end of the game is right up there.

Nocountryforoldjack said:
Var and they still get a blatant decision wrong, that's not being not very good that's cheating
You must think most referees cheat in most games then, they get blatant decisions wrong all the time

T8AD365 said:
https://twitter.com/LeeMUFC7/status/1691340563142836224?s=19

This one wasn't given last season, the Wolves keeper doing exactly the same against Leeds.

Referees aren't corrupt or cheats, they just aren't very good.

That's a good example of what I was talking about earlier. The Leeds player in that clip got his header in before the keeper almost took his head off, so apparently that's fine? Just like last night where the Wolves player won the header before being hit and just like how defenders seem to have impunity to wipe players out when they're shooting, as long as they get the shot away first. It seems weird to me.

Pontyjack said:
Yes it was Routs. The last 10 minutes or so of that game was just a series of incomprehensible refereeing decisions. He went out of the game for a few seasons but he’s back - I think his first visit to the Liberty since that match.

Thanks both, of course it was Routledge. I remember Stoke had been time wasting as soon as they went 2-0 up early on and Madley did next to nothing about it. Then we started doing the same as soon as we went 3-2 up and he didn't like it. He wanted to book Wayne for a tackle and Routs ran practically to the other end of the pitch before slowly walking back over to receive the yellow card. I'm sure that influenced him when he decided to give the penalty.

That match should have been remembered as one of our great PL comebacks if it wasn't for the prick. I was used to the big boys getting most decisions by then, but remember being so annoyed that the media basically ignored what was clearly cheating. You can't give a handball if your view is blocked by other players. If that had happened to a 'Big Six' club, he'd never have refereed at the top level again.

T8AD365 said:
You must think most referees cheat in most games then, they get blatant decisions wrong all the time

Yep and they are definitely bias towards certain big clubs.

John Moss is the boss of the elite referees which says it all when he was one of the worst prem refs ever.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back