• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Does anyone think....

westside said:
John Moss is the boss of the elite referees which says it all when he was one of the worst prem refs ever.

Photo doing the rounds of Moss and his chums enjoying hospitality at Old Trafford on Monday night.
Just saying.

JackSomething said:
Thanks both, of course it was Routledge. I remember Stoke had been time wasting as soon as they went 2-0 up early on and Madley did next to nothing about it. Then we started doing the same as soon as we went 3-2 up and he didn't like it. He wanted to book Wayne for a tackle and Routs ran practically to the other end of the pitch before slowly walking back over to receive the yellow card. I'm sure that influenced him when he decided to give the penalty.

That match should have been remembered as one of our great PL comebacks if it wasn't for the prick. I was used to the big boys getting most decisions by then, but remember being so annoyed that the media basically ignored what was clearly cheating. You can't give a handball if your view is blocked by other players. If that had happened to a 'Big Six' club, he'd never have refereed at the top level again.

As I remember, the Stoke players and fans behind the goal didn’t even appeal for it, so it was basically just him in the whole stadium.

sainthelens said:
Photo doing the rounds of Moss and his chums enjoying hospitality at Old Trafford on Monday night.
Just saying.
And the caption underneath the photo on the Daily Mail's website reads:

"PGMOL head Howard Webb (centre, standing), and his colleagues Jonathan Moss and Martin Atkinson were snapping in Old Trafford's corporate hospitality- but their attendance is in line with standard practice at the organisation"

So there was nothing untoward about them being in the hospitality, although that doesn't suit the conspiracy theorists...

T8AD365 said:
And the caption underneath the photo on the Daily Mail's website reads:

"PGMOL head Howard Webb (centre, standing), and his colleagues Jonathan Moss and Martin Atkinson were snapping in Old Trafford's corporate hospitality- but their attendance is in line with standard practice at the organisation"

So there was nothing untoward about them being in the hospitality, although that doesn't suit the conspiracy theorists...

What's your point ?

sainthelens said:
What's your point ?
That there was nothing suspicious or underhand about them being in the hospitality suite, which you were alluding to in your post

T8AD365 said:
That there was nothing suspicious or underhand about them being in the hospitality suite, which you were alluding to in your post

Not alluding to anything pal. Am actually saying its fckn corrupt. Been going on for years and its flaky to think otherwise.

You do realise that the assessors will be given hospitality treatment at every game they go to, including Swansea games?

Auditors/assessors come to my workplace twice a year and we have to take them out for lunch. It's not "corrupt", it's just being hospitable :lol:

T8AD365 said:
You do realise that the assessors will be given hospitality treatment at every game they go to, including Swansea games?

Auditors/assessors come to my workplace twice a year and we have to take them out for lunch. It's not "corrupt", it's just being hospitable :lol:

I know they do pal...agreed. But if you think that bias and corruption doesn't exist in the game then you should give yer head a shake.

sainthelens said:
I know they do pal...agreed. But if you think that bias and corruption doesn't exist in the game then you should give yer head a shake.
I'm sure it does in certain cases (match fixing in Italy, bribes in FIFA etc) but I posted a clip yesterday of a penalty that wasn't given against Wolves last season for exactly the same type of incident. Was that referee biased towards Wolves/against Leeds?

It's easy to level accusations of bias and corruption when officials miss, what appear to be, obvious decisions but sometimes they just make the wrong call due to human error.

To get around that, VAR should be implemented properly. For the incident on Monday night, the VAR official should have told the referee to go and watch it again on the pitchside monitor so he could be sure he was happy with his decision.

T8AD365 said:
I'm sure it does in certain cases (match fixing in Italy, bribes in FIFA etc) but I posted a clip yesterday of a penalty that wasn't given against Wolves last season for exactly the same type of incident. Was that referee biased towards Wolves/against Leeds?

It's easy to level accusations of bias and corruption when officials miss, what appear to be, obvious decisions but sometimes they just make the wrong call due to human error.

To get around that, VAR should be implemented properly. For the incident on Monday night, the VAR official should have told the referee to go and watch it again on the pitchside monitor so he could be sure he was happy with his decision.
Yeah of course, they ALL just made a silly mistake right.

The whole idea of VAR was to eradicate mistakes or oversights by the match officials, I'm guessing that the VAR team appointed to each game have had some sort of professional involvement in the game and are not just pulled out from a local pub before kick off to rule over any contentious incident the match officials have missed.
So yes, they really shouldn't make mistakes, especially like the one at Old Trafford when you'd expect a panel of 10 year olds to call correctly...

Swanjaxs said:
The whole idea of VAR was to eradicate mistakes or oversights by the match officials, I'm guessing that the VAR team appointed to each game have had some sort of professional involvement in the game and are not just pulled out from a local pub before kick off to rule over any contentious incident the match officials have missed.
So yes, they really shouldn't make mistakes, especially like the one at Old Trafford when you'd expect a panel of 10 year olds to call correctly...
Exactly, and yet every single weekend there are still numerous decisions which are incorrectly given/not given. It's not always in favour of "big" clubs either so unless you subscribe to some tin foil hat theory about referees being bribed as part of a betting ring then the most logical reason is that the referees and officials are just not good enough.

I think referees have become lazier since VAR was introduced because they will resist giving a decision they are unsure of and choose to rely on VAR correcting them instead. Problem being that VAR have the "clear and obvious" line whereby they won't overrule the referee on something that is classed as subjective

T8AD365 said:
Exactly, and yet every single weekend there are still numerous decisions which are incorrectly given/not given. It's not always in favour of "big" clubs either so unless you subscribe to some tin foil hat theory about referees being bribed as part of a betting ring then the most logical reason is that the referees and officials are just not good enough.

I think referees have become lazier since VAR was introduced because they will resist giving a decision they are unsure of and choose to rely on VAR correcting them instead. Problem being that VAR have the "clear and obvious" line whereby they won't overrule the referee on something that is classed as subjective

Hang on now. So getting back to Monday night. No VAR check , and almost every expert/pundit/fan since saying it was a blatant pen, and you fall back on ....oh well its human error and nothing more.!
Fckn hell.

sainthelens said:
Hang on now. So getting back to Monday night. No VAR check , and almost every expert/pundit/fan since saying it was a blatant pen, and you fall back on ....oh well its human error and nothing more.!
Fckn hell.
No, there was a VAR check. Referee saw the incident and decided it wasn't a penalty because the Wolves player had already headed the ball before the keeper took him out. VAR then checked it and decided the referee's view of the incident wasn't "clear and obvious"ly incorrect.

I agree it should have been a penalty, the way the system is set up means that VAR doesn't get used properly by the officials.

Re Madley - worst decision I've ever seen in the flesh. As Monmouth points out, no one in the entire stadium thought it was a penalty. Apart from him. I cant believe he's still reffing.

Re VAR - it doesn't have to be bribery or corruption for officials to favour the big teams (which they absolutely still do, by the way). It's the fear of a backlash/pelters, it's exactly the same for the VARs as it is for the on pitch ref.

"Now then, do I give an obvious penalty in injury time against Man Utd at OT and risk the wrath of their supporters and manager and social media after the game? Or do I just choose to pretend it's not a pen, for a comparatively quiet life afterwards because no one really cares about Wolves?"

It's not bent or corrupt, but refs are completely cowardly and lily livered, 100%. Always have been. Always will be.

VAR has done nothing to change that.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back