• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Does Liam Cullen deserve a new contract?

Swansea93

Alan Curtis
Reaction score
With the recent media report saying several clubs are interested in him, does he deserve a new contract? Or shall we cash in seeing as he’ll be a free agent next year?

My opinion is he deserves a new deal, you can’t fault his effort and commitment to the club and he can score goals, yeah he shouldn’t be a starting striker but he’s a great squad option.

Perhaps Cullen will think he deserves more than being a squad option and will want a fresh start? So it might not be a case of signing a new contract with us.

Only as a no.2. With pastures new he may develop so depends on him, he's in a comfort zone somewhat with us

Hes done way better that I thought he would. It all depends on how much he asking for in wages. ID say hes worth a squad player contract for a couple of years.

Cullen is the least of our problems at the moment, I'd definitely want to keep him.

He should have been offered a new deal last summer, the club has lost any negotiating power now, either with Cullen or another club who may want him.

It's a topic I brought up on here a few weeks ago, we allow a lot of players to run their contracts down to the final year. When they have two years left, it should be a case of renew or sell if we want to get decent value for them

I"m a fan considering what hes had to partner him with, and what we've supplied ,hes done well, not only scoring but the odd slide rule pass don't forget.
Hes a swans fan, and if we don't treat him right, he may decide at his age to go elsewhere and maybe flourish and prosper more , under the usual Swans way.........a free!

He's a striker than scores goals? Why would we not want him to stay.

There has been so much talk about club identity and the Swansea Way. I dont think any Jack has been known to be more a true Swansea Jack than Liam Cullen, and he deserves to be one of the first names on every Swansea teamsheet. It seems absurd that, despite all that, he could be allowed to leave, when he is getting better all the time. Yes, bumper new contract for Culls, please!!!

Does he deserve a new contract? No, he's a League One+ player, we should be aiming for better than that

Do I think we have any choice not to give him a new contract? No, not really. Otherwise we would be left with only one recognised centre forward in the entire squad, one who at the moment is making Jerry Yates look like Haaland.

The Cullen situation sums up the current state of the club. We've basically blackballed ourselves into rewarding mediocrity yet again.

Does he deserve a new contract? No, he's a League One+ player, we should be aiming for better than that

Do I think we have any choice not to give him a new contract? No, not really. Otherwise we would be left with only one recognised centre forward in the entire squad, one who at the moment is making Jerry Yates look like Haaland.

The Cullen situation sums up the current state of the club. We've basically blackballed ourselves in to rewarding mediocrity yet again.
Offer what we've think a player of his ability is worth, if he doesn't like then let him leave.

The Cullen situation sums up the current state of the club. We've basically blackballed ourselves into rewarding mediocrity yet again.
This

Offer what we've think a player of his ability is worth, if he doesn't like then let him leave.
I wholeheartedly agree, but if he fecks off in January I really would not like to test what happens next because I suspect by 1st Feb we'd be much worse off.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back