• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Dover lol

Itchysphincter said:
Niigata Jack said:
We are somewhere in August, Mrs fancies Bath then wants to head south, my preference is Pembrokeshire, but no idea where in Pembrokeshire :?

If you head south from Bath you won’t end up in Pembrokeshire. ;)

:lol: she mentioned stopping in Bath then going to Southampton for some reason :?

A visit Pembrokeshire suits me though, although there's probably not much in it as to avoiding traffic issues I expect.

KrunchyKarrot said:
So ive managed to get out and about recently on hols, the problem is understaffing everywhere. Flew from Heathrow to Crete early morning with no issues other than queuing through security which took about 30mins all in.

Cardiff next to Malaga same queuing eeven though booked in online etc. Malaga no issues everything great rep said that TUI had been forthright with airport. Got back to Cardiff was taken off by sky steps so walked around the airport even though we were outside bagging hall, then waited over an hour for the only plane landed for cases lunch break obviously.

Last week out of Bristol to Naples no issues same security queuing at security and passport if youre not digital. Swissair manager i chatted to in line stated they have lost nearly 55% staff apparently from the lockdowns, forcing them to up the wage.

Mate phoned me yesterday from Dover been jammed for hours because less than 50% of passport booths open and then only 25% at break times on the busiest time of year. This is nothing to do with Brexit unless you are accusing the French of being recriminatory.

So the queues at Dover are ‘nothing to do with brexit‘?

Lol.

People are almost unbelievable.

Londonlisa2001 said:
KrunchyKarrot said:
So ive managed to get out and about recently on hols, the problem is understaffing everywhere. Flew from Heathrow to Crete early morning with no issues other than queuing through security which took about 30mins all in.

Cardiff next to Malaga same queuing eeven though booked in online etc. Malaga no issues everything great rep said that TUI had been forthright with airport. Got back to Cardiff was taken off by sky steps so walked around the airport even though we were outside bagging hall, then waited over an hour for the only plane landed for cases lunch break obviously.

Last week out of Bristol to Naples no issues same security queuing at security and passport if youre not digital. Swissair manager i chatted to in line stated they have lost nearly 55% staff apparently from the lockdowns, forcing them to up the wage.

Mate phoned me yesterday from Dover been jammed for hours because less than 50% of passport booths open and then only 25% at break times on the busiest time of year. This is nothing to do with Brexit unless you are accusing the French of being recriminatory.

Lol.

Given the media interest in this story, I'm guessing there are loads of photos online of all these closed passport booths? After all, thousands of people are in the queue and I'm sure a few of them have smartphones...

KrunchyKarrot said:

Of course it's to do with Brexit, there was no need to stamp passports at the booth before Brexit, nine times out of ten you were waved through with barely a glance.

Pegojack said:
KrunchyKarrot said:

Of course it's to do with Brexit, there was no need to stamp passports at the booth before Brexit, nine times out of ten you were waved through with barely a glance.

And nothing to do with the extra paperwork for trucking companies! skynews-dover-travel-travel-chaos_5843383.jpg

Listen to this bloke, he's a travel expert and has no political axe to grind whatsoever, HE says it is absolutely 100% due to Brexit and due to the rules that WE helped to put in place when we were in the EU and which were ALWAYS going to exist when we left.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlIqvD-rpao

Itchysphincter said:
exiledclaseboy said:
Nothing to do with Brexit mun haven’t you heard. It’s all those bloody French. It’s the Brexit equivalent of putting fingers in ears and saying “nah nah nah not listening”.

I’d only people had said all along this would happen eh.

I’ve mentioned this on the other forum as it happens. Everything was the fault of foreigners before Brexit and now the country is truly circling the drain, guess what? It’s all the fault of foreigners. 😂

Ahhhh good to hear the brains trust are still in the trenches over Brexit. If it’s not the EUs fault it will be Drakefords I bet 😂

Londonlisa2001 said:
KrunchyKarrot said:

Lol.

No passport booths are less than half occupied on the busiest weekend of the year.

Pegojack said:
KrunchyKarrot said:

No the French still checked passports in Dover.

KrunchyKarrot said:
Londonlisa2001 said:

Lol.

No passport booths are less than half occupied on the busiest weekend of the year.

Absolute nonsense. There are literally independent people there saying they were all fully staffed.
The French said they needed to double capacity from 5 to 10 and the government wouldn’t give the £33m needed.

You used to wave a passport in their general direction from your car and now every single one has to be stamped. To follow the rules we insisted on. Although we don’t do it the other way round now because we HAVE NO STAFF. Stop believing the crap. This entire farce is simply being endured so that people don’t have to admit they were completely and utterly wrong.
The only joy is that it is so bad we won’t wait for long before it’s sorted.

Londonlisa2001 said:
KrunchyKarrot said:

Absolute nonsense. There are literally independent people there saying they were all fully staffed.
The French said they needed to double capacity from 5 to 10 and the government wouldn’t give the £33m needed.

You used to wave a passport in their general direction from your car and now every single one has to be stamped. To follow the rules we insisted on. Although we don’t do it the other way round now because we HAVE NO STAFF. Stop believing the crap. This entire farce is simply being endured so that people don’t have to admit they were completely and utterly wrong.

Well i stated that yesterday they were less than half occupied as stated in original post, as for waving passport in the general direction you must be special as ive never been so lucky.

“This is nothing to with Brexit” is one of the biggest lols of the last five years since the referendum.

KrunchyKarrot said:
Londonlisa2001 said:

Well i stated that yesterday they were less than half occupied as stated in original post, as for waving passport in the general direction you must be special as ive never been so lucky.

Just because you 'stated it' doesn't mean it's true. Like I said before, if that was the case people would be taking photos of the closed booths and sticking them all over the internet.

Maybe they are and I just haven't seen them, if so I'd love to pointed in the right direction so that we have more to go on than the word of one person's mate...

KrunchyKarrot said:
Londonlisa2001 said:

Mate it's pointless having an opinion, they voted remain, so they are obviously correct about everything in the whole world, so what you say can't be possibly true, you're a gammon apparently so suck it all up etc.. it's how they all roll on here, they're the "perfect" people who hide and don't do difficult jobs because they'll be called out "incompetent" just like the trust fiasco, they jumped ship because they knew it wasn't going to end well.. that's what these "types" do

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back