• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

EFL clubs qualifying for Europe via Welsh league cup

So would you support Swansea, Cardiff, Wrexham and Newport dropping out of the English pyramid and playing in the LoW?
I would if it meant Wales becoming a fully independent country.

It would never be the choice though, plenty of teams play in other countries leagues.

Yeah it's be careful what you wish for really

Adding 6-8 midweek games to the EFL schedule would be carnage

In addition top half EPL teams struggle with the depth needed to play Thursday-Sunday, so i don't know why the efl clubs would be any different

Any Welsh EFL team playing in the Conference League is booking themselves a seat into a relegation fight in their respective domestic league

How much would there be in terms of finances for qualifying for the Europa Conference League anyway? I don't imagine it's huge. A couple of million?

Hardly enough to make us more attractive as clubs or give us enough financially to strengthen the squad suitably

Yeah it's be careful what you wish for really

Adding 6-8 midweek games to the EFL schedule would be carnage

In addition top half EPL teams struggle with the depth needed to play Thursday-Sunday, so i don't know why the efl clubs would be any different

Any Welsh EFL team playing in the Conference League is booking themselves a seat into a relegation fight in their respective domestic league
It will be much more than 6-8!

It will be games required to participate in the cup competition, then on top of that you could amass another ten plus games for the ECL.

Whilst I am generally in favour of this move, from a financial perspective I wonder how much of that prize-money would get eaten up by player/staff bonuses?

I'm all for it as I was brought up watching the old Welsh Cup ties at the Vetch which, bizarrely, often featured English clubs like Shrewsbury, Kidderminster and Hednesford in Staffs.

Also a good way to spot talent playing in the Welsh leagues.

I'm all for it as I was brought up watching the old Welsh Cup ties at the Vetch which, bizarrely, often featured English clubs like Shrewsbury, Kidderminster and Hednesford in Staffs.

Also a good way to spot talent playing in the Welsh leagues.
Pretty sure Hereford played in it as well.

We're a member of the FA of Wales; it's not a crazy idea for us to play in one of their

Pretty much all of it will go on player/staff wages or the odd transfer fee.
When you take in player bonuses etc the cost of travel and hotels training facilities for players and staff 30? it all adds up. A bit of money left to cover year losses so can't see much available for team strengthening.

That's the business plus I suppose.

BUT

The unknown football affect due to then playing 60? games a season, early season start.

One bad season and we could be back in League 1.

One good season and we could be back in the Premier which the multiple gains.

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back