• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

EFL clubs qualifying for Europe via Welsh league cup

We could probably attract a better standard of player than the rest of the championship by the offer of the chance of European football.

The Welsh League clubs are all for it … I’m all for it.

We could probably attract a better standard of player than the rest of the championship by the offer of the chance of European football.

The Welsh League clubs are all for it … I’m all for it.
You can never say never, but if we aren't prepared too or can't afford them now I can't see much difference apart from yearly losses not being so great.

Am I the only who sees an alterior motive here? If we were to vacate the EFL, the would clear the way for Rangers/Celtic to replace clubs that leave.
Far fetched I know...just how my mind works/trust issues.

Is this something that they think could be more favourable to new ownership?

We'd essentially (if we play fairly strong teams) have a 1 in 3 chance of playing in Europe every season.

We've apparently commissioned the report so that's what makes me think this.

Selfishly, the ideal for me is a single season in the Welsh Cup, we win it straight away and qualify for Europe, then use the bounce of being in Europe to attract a higher-calibre player, whom carry us out of the Championship. Next season, back out the Welsh Cup, ask for all to be back to normal, and we're sorted. No dramas.

Absolutely none of that will happen, and as such, I remain strongly against the idea. You either play in the English Pyramid, or the Welsh, can't expect to be able to piss about with both.

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back