• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Elderly woman operated as illegal loan shark and charged borrowers 40% interest ...

TheLoneRanger

Ivor Allchurch
Reaction score
FFS ...

They didn't lock her up because of her age and she apologized to her victims!!

Scum of the earth.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/elderly-woman-operated-illegal-loan-27593008

Nowhere in that article does it say that she wasn’t locked up because of her age and because she apologised to the victims.

What she gonna do, threaten someone with a bingo book.
FFS.

sainthelens said:
What she gonna do, threaten someone with a bingo book.
FFS.

Charging 40% interest to desperate/vulnerable people doesn't make her any less of a cunt mind, a loan shark is a loan shark no matter the age...

Swanjaxs said:
Charging 40% interest to desperate/vulnerable people doesn't make her any less of a c**t mind, a loan shark is a loan shark no matter the age...

I know buddy, was referring to WTF she gonna do to threaten anyone?
Yes...she is a cvnt.

I must admit, the first thing that struck me, reading the article was her name Tabitha, I even googled that, I'm assuming she was born in 1940, a google tells me Mary was the most popular name then.

After that initial shock of her name, I did think at her age, why not just put your feet up? She's 83 now, so according to the report, she started her illegal loan sharking at the young age of 76, it even says one male victim borrowed 31 grand, , unless there are other people involved, surely the likelihood is, borrowing 31 grand off a not far off 80 year old, unless others are involved the chances are you may not have to pay it all back, taking into account average life expectancy.

Definitely a bit more to this story, than meets the eye, did she have children, if not.. well you could spin this story another way. Personally if she was acting alone, even If I needed the money, I would feel quite dishonest borrowing 31 grand off a 76 year old woman, regardless of her interest rates.

Swanjaxs said:
Charging 40% interest to desperate/vulnerable people doesn't make her any less of a c**t mind, a loan shark is a loan shark no matter the age...

I think that rate of charge is par for the course, I remember in the late 90's, hit a bit a of a sticky patch, and had to borrow 200 quid off Provident, I'm sure it was around that percentage I paid back, it may have been higher than 40%.. They were all at it, with crazy pay back rates, Provident, Companion Credit.. plus the kentz doing the tvs, forget their name but a 300 quid tv, would cost a grand with them.. Scum.

jack123 said:
I think that rate of charge is par for the course, I remember in the late 90's, hit a bit a of a sticky patch, and had to borrow 200 quid off Provident, I'm sure it was around that percentage I paid back, it may have been higher than 40%.. They were all at it, with crazy pay back rates, Provident, Companion Credit.. plus the kentz doing the tvs, forget their name but a 300 quid tv, would cost a grand with them.. Scum.

That's a blast from the past, the Provident man :lol:

Curtains closed, lights off and TV on quiet on collection day.

Neath_Jack said:
That's a blast from the past, the Provident man :lol:

Curtains closed, lights off and TV on quiet on collection day.

:lol:

Think they have gone through now? I'm not sure, but the wife had some pay out off them, not so long back. Similar rates though to what the elderly lady was charging, borrow 100, pay back around the 140 ish mark, I always remember getting home from work one day, around christmas time, and the provident area rep, was with the local agent, offering us playstations for the kids, yeah over 3 times the price in the shops. scum.

Damm it, it's bugging me now, what was the name of the company that you could get a tv off, and had to put coins in?

A friend of mine had one, now they were rip off merchants.

jack123 said:
:lol:

Think they have gone through now? I'm not sure, but the wife had some pay out off them, not so long back. Similar rates though to what the elderly lady was charging, borrow 100, pay back around the 140 ish mark, I always remember getting home from work one day, around christmas time, and the provident area rep, was with the local agent, offering us playstations for the kids, yeah over 3 times the price in the shops. scum.

Damm it, it's bugging me now, what was the name of the company that you could get a tv off, and had to put coins in?

A friend of mine had one, now they were rip off merchants.

Rediffusion? Pretty sure my aunt had a coin TV from them back in the 80's and think my parents rented a VCR from them just after they came out.

If memory serves me correctly, they are the same people that put the copper under the streets that NTL/Virgin Media went on to buy and still use to this day.

jed said:
Rediffusion? Pretty sure my aunt had a coin TV from them back in the 80's and think my parents rented a VCR from them just after they came out.

If memory serves me correctly, they are the same people that put the copper under the streets that NTL/Virgin Media went on to buy and still use to this day.

Redifusion , wow that's a blast from the past, sure my parents rented a tv off them, 60's, and throughout the 70's, IIRC I'm sure they had a base on Gors Avenue, as you turn at Carmarthen Road, it was on the right hand side going up.

But that's not the one I was thinking of, the one I'm thinking of were operating around late 90s, funny feeling the name begins with B? Ferk knows, it will come to me.

Edit: Just to add, thinking of it, it was NTL who did the cables, late 80's, mid 90s, bloke I knew in the pub was laying them, so I think it was definitely NTL who put the cables in.

jack123 said:
Redifusion , wow that's a blast from the past, sure my parents rented a tv off them, 60's, and throughout the 70's, IIRC I'm sure they had a base on Gors Avenue, as you turn at Carmarthen Road, it was on the right hand side going up.

But that's not the one I was thinking of, the one I'm thinking of were operating around late 90s, funny feeling the name begins with B? Ferk knows, it will come to me.

Edit: Just to add, thinking of it, it was NTL who did the cables, late 80's, mid 90s, bloke I knew in the pub was laying them, so I think it was definitely NTL who put the cables in.

I remember the streets in Swansea being dug up in the early 80's, a while before NTL came along. Not saying NTL didn't expand it later though, I think in some areas they were still laying cable in the 90's.

I remember as a kid getting connected to that for TV, must have been about 82. They came and installed a rotary box to change TV channel (ours was on the window sill). My dad was chuffed not needing to walk to the TV to change channel anymore. I think the window was further from the sofa than the TV mind :D

jed said:
I remember the streets in Swansea being dug up in the early 80's, a while before NTL came along. Not saying NTL didn't expand it later though, I think in some areas they were still laying cable in the 90's.

I remember as a kid getting connected to that for TV, must have been about 82. They came and installed a rotary box to change TV channel (ours was on the window sill). My dad was chuffed not needing to walk to the TV to change channel anymore. I think the window was further from the sofa than the TV mind :D

Yes, you are correct, I remember as a kid say mid 70s going to a friends house, and they had a box to change, wow what was that all about, ? It wasn't like what ntl did, sure it was just something extra like radio stations, in comparison to what was available at the time.

jack123 said:
Yes, you are correct, I remember as a kid say mid 70s going to a friends house, and they had a box to change, wow what was that all about, ? It wasn't like what ntl did, sure it was just something extra like radio stations, in comparison to what was available at the time.

They were just using that coaxial cable to transmit analogue channels instead of needing to use a TV aeriel and yes I think there was also radio stations on there too. It still worked for this until relatively recently, when they turned off the analogue broadcast. Just needed to put a TV aerial connector on the end of the NTL cable.

jed said:
They were just using that coaxial cable to transmit analogue channels instead of needing to use a TV aeriel and yes I think there was also radio stations on there too. It still worked for this until relatively recently, when they turned off the analogue broadcast. Just needed to put a TV aerial connector on the end of the NTL cable.

Yes, looking back at it, seems a bit of overkill to dig the pavements up for that, although people in 50 years time, may say the same about Broadband as it is now.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back